Ranking
Original Post
Sleeping objects
Had this idea for modmaker from playing happy wheels back in the day. Basically, sleeping objects are suspended in space until force is acted upon them. For example, I can make an object that will float in the air until my tori touches it. When my tori touches the object, the physics turn back on and the object falls as it normally would. Can it be done? Should it be done?
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle
Originally Posted by Rouxster View Post
Had this idea for modmaker from playing happy wheels back in the day. Basically, sleeping objects are suspended in space until force is acted upon them. For example, I can make an object that will float in the air until my tori touches it. When my tori touches the object, the physics turn back on and the object falls as it normally would. Can it be done? Should it be done?

could make great parkour maps. supported
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
You know, I can't actually remember whether Odlov and DashSora have trigger-conditional object properties (like flags, thrust, force, etc), on their list, but a feature like that would be the best way to do what you want to accomplish

(setting the default flag of the object to 8, changing it to 0 through a trigger action)

If something like that could be implemented, it might be the coolest thing ever, since there would be potential for so so so much more than this one idea alone
Sounds like a cool idea. We're looking into modmaker stuff at present so I've let the developers know that sleeping objects might be something to consider. That said, keep in mind that the development process is pretty long and it might not be doable quickly, if at all. I'll update this if there's any additional responses made to the idea.
collect snots from the nose
Having the option to set a timer for how long it takes for physics to turn on after contact would be nice as well.
I don't give a flyin' fladoodle