Toribash
Original Post
Realism in Toribash
Hi, I joined some months ago, and as I saw some replays, such as Oblivion's Spar, I wonder how it's so smooth, and what he does to his joints to make it look so realistic.
use the relax command on your joints more often it helps quite a bit.
♥Team Aikido-[Obey]-OoT-[Vibe]-Team Pokemon♥
And add a lot of practice and editing to the recipe in order to get good replays like Oblivion's.
underground shelter with windows of a sunny day
always ~
Don't be too stiff, just relax and move some joints ;)
Master of the arcane arts
Originally Posted by Cyzonyx View Post
Hi, I joined some months ago, and as I saw some replays, such as Oblivion's Spar, I wonder how it's so smooth, and what he does to his joints to make it look so realistic.

actually realism and smooth moves are really really hard to make. it needs alot ALOT of practice and game knowledge to let it look "decent" and still not "Perfect"...

actually the key is to relax much parts and dont play with to much holded or moved joints.
also it will help to watch replays like these from oblivion, maybe sometimes press P to stop the replay and watch it over Shift + P in slowmotion, or pres E to watch which joints hes moving, u will notice much will be laxed..

also it depends on the gravity, so far i know the standart sparr replay from oblivion which got installed with toribash is -20, -20 is a quite very hard gravity to play realism, it needs more practice then -30, so i would say u just start with playing around in -30 gravity, to know how it works good there.. if u think u can play good with -30 try to start making some decent replay, and keep practicing.

also if u want to go a step more, watch some tricking and parkour videos on youtube or such, to see how it works in "real" then just try it to copy that, or atleast just try it!

if u want i can upload some replays from me, which are not good with much more practice it will get better.. (too see not every "high" belt or such is a pro at replay making etc.)
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
Originally Posted by Spart1cu3 View Post
use the relax command on your joints more often it helps quite a bit.

I realistick replays can be more hold then relax, so don't use a lot of lax, use hold and relax to the best of, also see a nuthug's replay's, he too realistick replay maker. Check santos7877's tricking, Hours replays.
Originally Posted by BlubKill View Post
also it depends on the gravity, so far i know the standart sparr replay from oblivion which got installed with toribash is -20

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
My replay is on -30 gravity, you can check it if you open it up with notepad x)
When it comes to gravity, always go with -30. It has been standardized as the official gravity for realism, so if you use -20 or so, people will say it was too easy to jump and if you use -40 it'll be actually harder to move and jump.

But on topic, it's pretty much practice and critical thinking. First you need to learn what each joint does alone and in combination with other joints, and then you need to learn some basic movements, and then eventually you'll be able to move more smoothly.
What I did was practice at least 5 minutes a day or so, and when I made a replay I always tried to surpass everything I had done before, and then I gradually became better.
Last edited by Oblivion; Dec 22, 2012 at 11:57 AM.
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Just saying now.
but iff you realy wanna learn to be a good/realistick sparrer.
u should deffinatly listen to Oblivion ;)
Jun 2, 2023 - .best. day. ever.