ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
remodel the Fighters for 5.0 update and 3D setting
remodel the fighters!

like in this photo if you guys added more human like bodily features that would evolve the game and open up many possibilities for future ideas

and another idea is to make a 3D setting for cyan and red glasses...
a bit offtopic but anyways..
How would people draw textures for those sort of body parts?

ALSO, this is someone's art. None of the official re-presenters actually said that this is how characters would look like in Toribash 5.0
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Originally Posted by MrGarry View Post
ALSO, this is someone's art. None of the official re-presenters actually said that this is how characters would look like in Toribash 5.0

Yes I know, that's why I'm supporting the idea ;o
It wouldn't be hard to draw textures for the parts. The legs and such just add more depth and now the hands are easier to draw because you don't neet to hand-draw all of the fingers and thumbs.
Originally Posted by MrGarry View Post
a bit offtopic but anyways..
How would people draw textures for those sort of body parts?

Bit of a correction, not art work, it's real. This is gordon's project (Gordon, banned see reason on gordon's fan club group).
-----
EDIT: Gorman. http://forum.toribash.com/group.php?groupid=58
-----
EDIT: Gorman. http://forum.toribash.com/group.php?groupid=58
Last edited by Bonzi; Jun 17, 2013 at 08:46 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

Why not try something like this though? It could be a little experiment on the side if anything. Release a special client exclusively for this and see if people would actually like the idea of realistic Tori's.

I might sound like a massive fanboy but I think Gorman should have at least some input for Toribash's art design. A lot of his renders, even though they are old, show a direction that Toribash should have been heading in for a while now. Ofc a lot of things probably are not possible or extremely hard to code into Tb, but so far, the improvements to the aesthetics of this game have been very underwhelming.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
Has anyone stated the main reason that toribash Is so CPU heavy is because of the physics and potential movements, Think about this if each join has FOUR modes, to add more joints is just mental, Most computers wouldn't be able to handle it and the ones that could would just revert back to The original because everyone already loves TB plus its moving to steam and changing the game that dramatically would most likely ruin our chances of ever getting on Green.
"Orgasmis Maximus *Thud* *Crack* *Boom* I'm Done"
~DemonBurn~
I wouldn't mind a minor improvement in the model look or movement. As a whole i think that with the addition of textures that the look of the game is more than fine. I do find as a newer player that commonly I find myself wishing for the ability to rotate my arm or leg at the shoulder or hip. To combat any additional computing power for a higher poly count people with less capable computers could easily turn off the blood. I have noticed that the blood significantly hurts frame rates when turned up. When it is all said and done though, it doesn't require these improvements to be good or keep me interested.

My largest area of concern is cost of customization. I get that this game is free, and that they have to make their money somewhere. But the cost of being able to make your Tori unique to you is obscene. I don't feel like its unreasonable to say that if I were to pay $60 (as much as a new xBox or PS3 game), I should be able to customize my Tori any way I could imagine. But $60 would only let you dabble with some gradients, maybe some textures, new blood.... that is my only real issue with this game as is.