Ranking
Original Post
Toribash Action Figures
Hey guys, was in school, and couldn't get Toribash Action Figures off my mind, I know one has been made before in around '09 but wasn't available for commercial sale or something like that..
I saw the pics of it and it did look really cool, what I was thinking, was why not bring them back? It'll increase the population of TB and it'll be really fun to play with if you're away from your computer, whether it's playing around however you want, or designing moves to try in-game, you'll always have TB with you.
I was thinking of if they get made, they can come with a special code that unlocks something on toribash, whether it's a few thousand TC or a full set of item textures, or maybe even an achievement..
Another idea relating to this, was, what if you incorporate some of the main staff members with their full texture sets for a slightly higher price?
Last edited by Butler; Aug 4, 2013 at 12:25 AM.
<Icky> Butler is the worst es
<Reta> can I fire him yet ?
You could, but you would have to find a way to limit the movement direction if you wanted to keep it on a similar level of anatomy as an actual tori.
Let Satan guide you
I Would have to agree with Satan It wouldn't be able to move like an actual tori due to limited movement in a natural action Doll.
Originally Posted by Satan View Post
You could, but you would have to find a way to limit the movement direction if you wanted to keep it on a similar level of anatomy as an actual tori.

Originally Posted by toribash3 View Post
I Would have to agree with Satan It wouldn't be able to move like an actual tori due to limited movement in a natural action Doll.

Both of you are wrong. You are talking about moving the joints and they wouldn't be able to fit in place. Well, what about the kind of dolls that stop their joints wherever it's moved. The action figures can be like that. But damn, this was a nice suggestion

10/10 supported.
Matarika|Mobinladen|Youngsandm|Darknis|2WC|Sidtheepic|
"Brains are like computers but squishy and very watery :3'' ~D
Originally Posted by MrDevilMan View Post
Both of you are wrong. You are talking about moving the joints and they wouldn't be able to fit in place. Well, what about the kind of dolls that stop their joints wherever it's moved. The action figures can be like that. But damn, this was a nice suggestion

10/10 supported.

Each of a Tori's joints can only actually move in two directions, but having a ball joint you are making every axis a valid direction to move joints in. If we wanted to keep it on a similar level of anatomy to tori himself you need to have a joint which only has two ranges of movement. A ball joint could work, with some modifications.
Let Satan guide you
Originally Posted by Satan View Post
Each of a Tori's joints can only actually move in two directions, but having a ball joint you are making every axis a valid direction to move joints in. If we wanted to keep it on a similar level of anatomy to tori himself you need to have a joint which only has two ranges of movement. A ball joint could work, with some modifications.

Yeah, that's the point. Whenever if there are two ranges of movement the joints can move on, but I don't know about the ball joint though.
Yeah, that's the point. Whenever if there are two ranges of movement the joints can move on, but I don't know about the ball joint though.

I have no idea what point you are trying to make

Also, I was having a read through the toribash figure thread that was made back in '09. Somehow someone managed to actually get hold of one and put it through some testing. I assume it was a different model? Or am I looking at what the pieces are your model will look like once its been assembled?

Tori Figure goodness
Last edited by Satan; Feb 21, 2014 at 07:08 PM.
Let Satan guide you
I know a guy who works with architecture, if you give me the specifics I could probably contact him for a little product manufacture project. Has all the software and everything.
Mystery, thats great. And how it needs to look like:
1 it needs to look likr a normal tori or uke like ingame so 20joints 19other parts.
2 All joints can only move to 2directions but the joints need to be balls.
3 (something I didnt see in thread but what I support) some parts, like head, hands and feet can be removed to replace with textured parts. (If people dont like this, the others are good.)
Hi
Rapid Threads Lmod.
Got any questions? Feel free to ask!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by zwouter View Post
Mystery, thats great. And how it needs to look like:
1 it needs to look likr a normal tori or uke like ingame so 20joints 19other parts.
2 All joints can only move to 2directions but the joints need to be balls.
3 (something I didnt see in thread but what I support) some parts, like head, hands and feet can be removed to replace with textured parts. (If people dont like this, the others are good.)

The textures part...I think that it would bore the person that is playing with it. They'd like it as their textures. How to get your textures? You could simply send the pack back with a screenshot of your tori ingame, but it can be expensive though.
The textures part...I think that it would bore the person that is playing with it. They'd like it as their textures. How to get your textures? You could simply send the pack back with a screenshot of your tori ingame, but it can be expensive though.

I'm pretty certain textures will be too complex and expensive to justify putting them on a Toribash doll. They should stick to the most popular colours available from the store.
Let Satan guide you