Toribash
Original Post
What books have you read recently?
So...
Books?
What have you read recently?
At the moment, i'm reading the Inspector Arkady books (Gorky Park, Polar Star, Red Square, Havana Bay). I'm halfway through Red Square.
"Good-Bye, Mr. Chips" is my favorite book ever right now. It talks about Mr. Chips, who is a teacher through the late 1800s and early 1900s. .
LIGHTING FROM MY EYES
Cormac McCarthy's Blood Meridian and All The Pretty Horses, which completely redefine the Western genre and set a high bar for modern literature, and Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game, probably the best SF book ever written.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.
I liked the recent eragon series (yeah I know its called, Inheritance)
Im currently reading the series of unfortunate events....err series again, and the picture of dorian gray for about the 400000th time (getting ready for the movie remake to come out :P )
I read the name of the rose recently too for the first time, awesome book, do reccomend.
Founder of raku

i just finished dan browns new book. I don't know if i like it or hate it.
Proud Member of [Piratez] - Become a Pirate >HERE<
Originally Posted by Baytch View Post
i just finished dan browns new book. I don't know if i like it or hate it.

It's terrible.

Recently read "Watchmen". Very good.
Mikhail Bulgakov's "Morphine".

It's about a young Russian doctor during the (beginning) years of Bolshevik revolution who got addicted to morphine.
The Odyssey

Sidenote: Is this really a discussion? Seems more like rapid thread material.
yungmoney has just robbed your bank account for 18 toricredits
Just finished At The Mountains of Madness today (by H.P. Lovecraft, in case you live in a cave). Supposedly Guillermo Del Toro is making a film adaptation- if he does, it's going to be incredible.
[Piratez]
I am neither Oyster nor lsl.