Ranking
Original Post
Computer Virus ! I Need Help!
Well, recently my brother downloaded some game in to the computer. Then A few minutes later This Thing Called "AntiVirus Soft" Or Some Shit Pops up. It prevents me from running basically any programs. Basically Control Panel, The Ctrl+Alt+Delete Menu, Etc. Anyone Have any past experience that can help me solve this problem?
Olda | Clan [Element] | Black Belt
SHHH!
Slowly Grab your computer...Gently THRUST It on the ground
Then Repeatley kick it Over and Over
And then the virus will be scared and run away!

Or you could Delete That game and then Scan your damn computer.
Resto in parte figlio di una cagna
First off, DELETE ALL RELATED PROGRAMS THAT THE KID DOWNLOADED. Don't leave any of those files in your C:drive. Get a real antivirus. The one you have now is actually a virus. It says its an antivirus, but it's a virus itself. It may tell you to upgrade to the full version for money, so it's a scam. Get an antivirus like Norton, or something like that. Depending on what computer you have.
BAD LUCK
Tell me what you have tried doing and also if possible PrntScrn the popup and post it here.
Get AVG free: http://free.avg.com/gb-en/homepage

I use the full version, but the free one is almost as good. If you've managed to get a virus on your computer, you probably don't have any decent anti-virus software.
Quit, probably.
Try to download Avast Free version. http://www.avast.com/free-antivirus-download
It has to be one of the best free antivirus/anti-spyware program out there.
And if there is a virus, it should find it with a thorough scan.
Avg is what I mostly recommend. Free, and gets the job done.
Custombelt | I'm back after 5 years! ;)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PM me if your selling items, buying anything and everything!
Alright, technically its malware, so AVG will NOT help. something along the lines of Malwarebytes Anti-malware is what you want
Hamster: You can be self-centered and obnoxious and have friends with the help of boobs.
1: Download rkill, a very basic but supereffective anti-malware program; links are here. If one version doesn't work, try the other three. rkill will immediately halt all Malware processes and allow you to run a malware removal program.
2: Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, completely free, and do a full system scan.
3:
4: Profit
5: Post something like this in the Support forum next time.

^IN CASE THIS DOESN'T WORK: Reinstall your operating system with the OS disk that should have been shipped with your computer. If you can't find it, ask a friend or neighbor.

IN CASE OF TOTAL LACK OF OS DISK: You'll have to do a Destructive System Restore, which wipes all user accounts and documents, to right your computer.
Last edited by Ragdollmaster; May 9, 2010 at 07:48 PM.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.