Toribash
Sounds like some kind of anti-virus programing experiment gone wrong. Maybe try starting up in safe mode and see if anything goes differently. If you can get to the control panel, just try uninstalling whatever you brother installed. Hope I could help.

-Graboy
when its a easy virus than you can delete it with antivir but when its a trojan or harder then you must use kaspersky i think !
My Fan Club|†Custom Belt†|†Proud Piratez Overseer and Chest Keeper†| Click or Die|
Do What You Want Cuz A Pirate Is Free. You Are A Pirate!!
Uberis|FighterKHV|Firebolty|TheDog96|TheAnimal
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Originally Posted by BirdFlu View Post
Get AVG free: http://free.avg.com/gb-en/homepage

I use the full version, but the free one is almost as good. If you've managed to get a virus on your computer, you probably don't have any decent anti-virus software.

This, now stop answering if you don't know a shit about viruses yourself and is just guessing.

Best commonly used free antivirus program is avast and avg free, and they should be more than enough to remove the fake antivirus program your brother downloaded. Its likely that he have pressed one of the "YOU HAVE 500 VIRUSES, GET PROTECTED NOW" and have downloaded a fake virus program that is a virus itself.

Only download one of these (avast or avg) since getting more than one antivirus program will often result in chaos.

If it blocks your internet access you should probably try to get the antivirus program on an external hardrive or cd and scan from there.

If all solutions fail then reinstall the pc.
Last edited by Ezeth; May 13, 2010 at 07:01 PM.
same virus i had before all i can say is reformatting to get rid of it . it may also cut off your internet. it doesnt let u run any anti viruses or stuff that could remove it. that was my only option in the end
CkyToH/GuineaTigg Active from Mar 2008 - Jan 2019
Go to Computer>Local disk>Windows> Delete system32

Nah just messing with ya.

Just download a good anti virus program ,scan your pc and delete the virus, basically what everyone said.

[SIGPIC]Meow motherfucker[/SIGPIC]
F*** your civil rights.
Originally Posted by 931bw View Post
reinstall os

i dont think reinstalling gets rid of a computer virus :|

also deltete anything that your brother downloaded then get some kind of surcuritey wall for your computer.
THen you'd be thinking wrong, if you reformat the computer, EVERYTHING is whiped from it, everything, every last byte.