Ranking
Original Post
[help 4 my friend pl0x] Laptop shut down and made a pop noise then the screen flashed
K so this is from my friend at school and he is teh n00bz at computers so I couldn't really get much good info.

Basicly he said he was getting pop ups from his anti virus that it was going to expire and he needed to pay again, now I dont know if this was a virus in itself or what, but he says it was the same AV program he had saying this. It keeps popping up a bunch of times and then-

It turns off and makes a loud POP sound like when a light bulb explodes he says.... After that the power button is blinking and so he pushes it to try to turn it on a gain and then-

The screen flashes really bright and restarts or shuts down again I cant remember.

additional info; The laptop is pretty new on sale from black friday I think for like 300$. He leaves it on like all the time. I don't know what model it is.

After this he quit because he didn't want to fuck it up more. Any ideas?
What was the name of the antivirus?

It's likely that he thought it was real all this time, only to get himself into deeper shit at each payment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
If he is a "n00bz" then he probably got his anti-virus with his PC and it should be trusted.

Even if it was the anti-virus that did it, I doubt that it can make his PC "Pop".

I'd bring it into a shop, I know that "n00bz" like him are hard to work with, even more when we don't have a direct way of talking to him.

If your friend is willing to, try turning it on again. Keep a camera nearby in case of a bluescreen or anything else like that. check if the fans are working, a loud noise prob means that something happened to a moving part, such as his hard drive or fans.

Best of luck.

-Graboy
Oh forgot to mention he said that before it shut down a blue screen came up and said that it will shut down to prevent damage. And he was panicking to get pictures his mom put on it or something to the flash drive cus she told him to incase something hapened to the laptop lol! I'm gonna ask him the name of the AV.

Ok he said it was just the one that came with it, the antivirus....

I told him to turn it on and film it with his phone so I can see
Since he keeps it on like all the time it most likely fried. Or maybe loose screws caught up in the fan or something. That once happened to me.
if it wont even boot at all (ie nothing on screen at any point) then it sounds like he blew his power supply, most likely (maybe something else though) but considering leaving it on all the time I would say its the power supply

take it to a computer technician or you supplier
I type as I speak, with several commas and run on sentences, dont be hatin'.
Components overheated, LCD screen fried.

Bricked.

Get a new laptop.
Well guys appearantly it works now after repairing it, I'm gonna tell him to get Avast since it's free and his other shit sounds like it could be a virus but fuck if I know.... Thanks everyone!

Should I tell him not to leave it on all the time?