Toribash
Original Post
Virus possibly?
Well right now I have a Lenovo 3000 N200 laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate 32Bit, first few weeks it ran really fast, and rank toribash with shaders without a single lag, but now it even struggles to run it without shaders. My Cores (Dual -core) go up to 80%-100% and the computer itself lags but just barely. The processes duplicate. I'll show a screen shot.

Well Is that unusual to be like that? You guys tell me?
Breaking rules is bad
clear you HDD, my old computer went up to 79.99/80G and it lagged like a bitch, deleted heaps of stuff, reboot worked fine

and shouldnt be so many svchost.exe's ....
I type as I speak, with several commas and run on sentences, dont be hatin'.
Run Combofix, Malwarebytes and SUPERantispyware. Also install an evaluation copy of Norton, Kaspersky, G-DATA or Avira.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Theres nothing wrong with the screenies you took, System Idle Process is just the inverted amount of CPU % that its not using. Its just the "Idle" part of what its not doing. So if im using 10% of my CPU then System Idle Process is at 90, and vice versa.
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
Run Combofix, Malwarebytes and SUPERantispyware.

Ah, the deadly trio :3 Running those a few weeks ago sped up my computer noticeably, I suppose it's a trick of the trade to use them in that order.

ALSO: Uninstall programs you don't use/need, delete files you don't need, defragment your hard drive, and use some registry cleaning programs like CCleaner to make sure that your registry isn't messed up.

Note on the first three (running Combofix and the rest) : if, for some reason, you can't run any of them, you might be dealing with a specific niche of malware/virus that blocks known antivirus and antimalware programs. If so, go to this site and download rkill; it is a very simple binary program that stops most malware and lets you run those other programs to delete it completely. If one of the rkill's doesn't work (like the .exe), there are three alternate versions which should be able to run.
How to complain in style: GG, Mahulk.
Run Combofix, Malwarebytes and SUPERantispyware. Also install an evaluation copy of Norton, Kaspersky, G-DATA or Avira.

I have Avast free newer version. Do I need to get the ones you listed? And will do what you said.

Originally Posted by graboy View Post
Theres nothing wrong with the screenies you took, System Idle Process is just the inverted amount of CPU % that its not using. Its just the "Idle" part of what its not doing. So if im using 10% of my CPU then System Idle Process is at 90, and vice versa.

Oh okay. Makes sense.
Breaking rules is bad
This may not be a virus;
Check your hard drive, it is recommended to have it only 60% full at any time (I know, its pretty insane), otherwise your computer will slow down.
It seems kinda like your GPU tasks are being sent to your CPU, so you should check to make sure your graphics card didn't burn out. You should probably check your RAM too, since if that burns out you will be using your hard drive to do it, and that shit is sloow (but probably wouldn't make you use excessive CPU)
Originally Posted by Ragdollmaster View Post
Ah, the deadly trio :3 Running those a few weeks ago sped up my computer noticeably, I suppose it's a trick of the trade to use them in that order.

ALSO: Uninstall programs you don't use/need, delete files you don't need, defragment your hard drive, and use some registry cleaning programs like CCleaner to make sure that your registry isn't messed up.

Or, like me, run TempCleaner (TFC) project from ADDPC's: http://software.addpcs.com/tfc/index.php to get rid of all the unnecessary stuff like temporary files and left-overs from programs and windows updates installs. That will shorten the time it takes to scan the computer for Malware and recover you a decent amount of space.

Originally Posted by Ragdollmaster View Post
Note on the first three (running Combofix and the rest) : if, for some reason, you can't run any of them, you might be dealing with a specific niche of malware/virus that blocks known antivirus and antimalware programs. If so, go to this site and download rkill; it is a very simple binary program that stops most malware and lets you run those other programs to delete it completely. If one of the rkill's doesn't work (like the .exe), there are three alternate versions which should be able to run.

Or rename the install file for those softwares and the .exe file... for example... if its mbam-setup.exe rename it to msetup.exe and you will be able to run it...

Also... Don't do all of these procedures on a regular windows session... Just reboot and enter "Safe Mode with Networking". That'll give you more isolation and will prevent some of the nasty software from running automatically.

Still, if none of that works then, on another computer, download, build and burn a CD of UBCD4win (will also give you access to files, registry and so on) with a couple of on-demand scanners and antivirus tools such as the free Dr.Web scanner, Clamwin, and so on. You can also download special Rescue CD's with antivirus such as the Kaspersky Rescue Disk or the Avira AntiVir Rescue System or even the G-Data antivirus rescue CD.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; May 19, 2010 at 08:01 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi

I did all this, exept Combofix, it's to expensive. I have no idea on how to get it free.

Originally Posted by Gorman View Post
This may not be a virus;
Check your hard drive, it is recommended to have it only 60% full at any time (I know, its pretty insane), otherwise your computer will slow down.
It seems kinda like your GPU tasks are being sent to your CPU, so you should check to make sure your graphics card didn't burn out. You should probably check your RAM too, since if that burns out you will be using your hard drive to do it, and that shit is sloow (but probably wouldn't make you use excessive CPU)

Well the HD is small. 105GB and there is 25.4 GB free of space.
Breaking rules is bad