Toribash
Original Post
Ingame achievements
Since a lot of people on toribash don't go to the forums anymore, lets add an achievement menu ingame. Example, you recently got the violence perfected achievement, then it shows in your lower right screen, like it shows the Icon and it says, Achievement unlocked! Violence Perfected! click me to check out your achievements! something like that.
Don't send me PM's, I don't read them.
That would probably be really useful for new players who don't know anything about the forums,someone people also aim for some achievements,they would be notified about it instantly,it should probably appear in the timer area
Bye bye toribash
Might be a good idea to add an ingame achievement like First Fight or 100 Wins or something like that (not just belt upgrades) which would lead them onto forums (might add a link thetre saying click here for more). From that, I thought maybe each belt upgrade should be worth something?
Eg. each black belt is worth from 1k to 5k.

Anyway, ye, idea supported
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Cant you make the players receive a bit of tc from each achievement. It obviously would depend on the difficulty of the achievement. But i think that this could bring more attention to the achievements wich is a great part of the game, since it gives a more competitive aspect
Some of achviements dont even work thought like have 0 - 0 game i have had few of those and still havent got the achviement, or the one requires u to upload mod i have uploated over 5 and havent got it. But idea supported
Last edited by joope1; Jun 9, 2013 at 05:18 AM.
Yes, the achievements are bugged, no doubt. Maybe we should focus on fixing them before we get all crazy with in-game stuff.

Then again, the interest doesn't seem to be very high, to quote a famous person:
Originally Posted by ishi
My 2 cents though: achieves are pretty useless for a game like this, and some of them are poorly thought out and unobtainable now, making 100%ing them impossible

I don't agree, I think achievements would be a cool way to spend time, especially if you're not a Tc fanatic, and are looking for other values.

Let's see what you think, if there was achievements, would you try to achieve them?
Last edited by Lazors; Jun 9, 2013 at 05:55 AM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by smosh023 View Post
Achievement unlocked! Violence Perfected! click me to check out your achievements! something like that.

I was going with it until i read this particular piece.
As it stands everyone is trying to minimize/avoid having clickable links and such pop up on the screen . Let's say you're in the middle of a fight and you decap someone and get the achievement, and by chance you accidentally click the pop up and it brings up the browser and fucks you over because it impairs your vision because you can't see the fight , or better yet , let's say you're in full screen and it shuts down toribash to accommodate the opening window . This would just cause players to rage and make suggestions for it to be taken down , or atleast for the link to be taken off.
What i suggest is that it opens a whisper channel with the link posted inside , or perhaps adding a new option on the menu such as "Feats" and give the player access to view all of his/her accomplishments as well as how much progress they've made towards getting there.

Originally Posted by Darking879 View Post
Cant you make the players receive a bit of tc from each achievement. It obviously would depend on the difficulty of the achievement. But i think that this could bring more attention to the achievements wich is a great part of the game, since it gives a more competitive aspect

Basically all this would do is encourage farming/alts.
Last edited by Nigma; Jun 9, 2013 at 06:54 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Nigma Disconnected
Quit Game.
But then, again, if Toribash gets green light, it would be a lot easier to add it as a Steam function instead. Don't you think?
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by ishi
My 2 cents though: achieves are pretty useless for a game like this, and some of them are poorly thought out and unobtainable now, making 100%ing them impossible

I think achievements are a good idea, and I support an ingame notification so long as it cannot hinder game play in any way. On the subject of achievements, I would like to see more relevant achievements being added such as: Full 128, Full 256, and Full 512, and Full Joint Textures, etc... and also, it should be possible and rewarding to 100% the game. A lot more people would put effort into it. I bet it would boost market action.
rock the world, one fight at a time
In-game achievements would do wonders for a game like this since there are few things to actually strive for when playing Toribash.

My only suggestion would be to have a complete revamp the current achievement system. Get rid off every achievement so far and start over. Make sensible achievements this time so that everyone can have a chance to complete every achievement at any belt level/rank combination.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."