Toribash
okay, you told me issues but not ways to solve them, which isnt exactly helpful.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Originally Posted by lily View Post
https://soundcloud.com/wickedwitchof...lxrd-type-beat

i made this..

Originally Posted by Goat View Post
You're going to want to get better samples. Those high hats are really bad. It's great that you're pumping out content, but you should try to focus on a specific genre. Try something challenging so you learn a new technique or something. I don't know your music taste but go for something. lol

Okay, I agree with Goat, those hihats aren't the best and imo they're hitting kinda too loud.

Try going for short drum pauses, makes the beat feel less repetetive and gives you space to do something that'd otherwise feel out of place (hihat change, sample change, vocals, etc.) Also try messing around with drumfills.

This is a good site that gives you good material for sampling and free drumkits with it. Try building your sample library, it really does give you more flexibility.

EDIT: Here's another reference song: https://soundcloud.com/hucci/castle-city
Last edited by Zephh; Nov 9, 2019 at 09:33 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
https://soundcloud.com/despectum/pue...rod-trappyjack

yeet, something from the soundcloud where i rap and stuff. My friend made the beat, what do you think?
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Originally Posted by lily View Post
okay, you told me issues but not ways to solve them, which isnt exactly helpful.

On the first page I outlined major aspects in which you could of looked up. My previous comment explained that your samples weren't good so maybe look up alternative sound packs? You can try loopmasters or other popular sample sites.
Soundcloud streaming destroys hi hats, especially if you're not mastering. Not a great platform to listen for mixing in my opinion
oh yeah
i'll start mastering properly again, try to block out harsher tones in hats
[sigpic][/sigpic]

the stereo spread on the keys are rather annoyingthe keys themselves sound out of tune and youre mixing scales so it just sounds wrong regardless. keys are also very loud (the entire mixing on the track could use work)

the hi hat rolls seem sporadic, which i assume you made the hihat rolls over 4 bars. try to limit unique hihat rolls over 2 bars for 1 section of the song

the melody never changes and gets hard to listen to after a while. try to make different melodies and dont be scared to push past 4 bars for a melody and include other sounds and synths to make it sound more fun and interesting

syncopation and ornamentation at section intervals can also help with melodies (along with breakdown sections where certain instruments can be added/removed)

808s dont seem to compliment anything and the kicks happen way to often, nullifying any real punch or significance to any of the kicks. there is also a lot of mid/mid-high on the kicks which is slightly annoying (atleast to me). i would lower that mid/mid-high on the kicks in an eq and raise the bass (50-100Hz region)

in general everything im hearing sounds pretty stock (presets and instruments wise).

the airplane police call thingy seems to disrupt the tone of the song in my opinion. i believe there is definitely a way to improve on that in a way that you see fit for the style/type beat that youre going for

take everything i said above with consideration and also keep in mind that its just my personal suggestions, as i could be wrong about everything i said as well. do look forward to seeing more by you though!
Ultimate King Bach Vine Compilation 2017 (w/Titles) Funny KingBach Vines - Co Viners