ES Recruitment Drive
very awsome im trying to learn it along time ago lets see if i can make it
Thanks for this thread
Belt: 10th Dan ; Clan: JollyR
Orgs: ORMO, Portugal Organization and T3AL
this is my first crack at learning any sort of computer language, and i need to know if im jumping into the deep end of the pool at first, if you understand the metaphor. the most advanced thing i ever figured out how to do was change the font color in myspace a few years back.is there another computer language i should know or any sort of information that i just dont have that would help? right now im stuck on the first part of the first tutorial :-( because i cant figure out where to save the file. i can save it in/over toribash, but i dont want to overwrite the game. and i cant even find the toribash file when i have it saved as a .lua. any help?
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Blam, make more! I'm waiting!
I've gone through the first four.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
Originally Posted by alexzandro View Post
this is my first crack at learning any sort of computer language, and i need to know if im jumping into the deep end of the pool at first, if you understand the metaphor. the most advanced thing i ever figured out how to do was change the font color in myspace a few years back.is there another computer language i should know or any sort of information that i just dont have that would help? right now im stuck on the first part of the first tutorial :-( because i cant figure out where to save the file. i can save it in/over toribash, but i dont want to overwrite the game. and i cant even find the toribash file when i have it saved as a .lua. any help?

Lua is a very easy language

Go into your toribash directory.
Normally you'd go to My Computer, choose the C drive and then choose the "Games" folder, then "Toribash 3.71" or whichever toribash version you have.
From there click "data" then "scripts".
This is where all of the lua files you make and download should go.

Hope that solved your problem.
:D
Wow! GREAT tutorials, and really helpful! (I want through each twice to "absorb" the info.) Really got me on the right foot in Lua.
Proud iCoF Leiutenant.You strike first. I strike last.
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Ra!
I want the 5th and 6th tutorial.
Would be cool if you made them, but I understand if you cba to make them.
Sigma | Gata
Sorry I've just been busy with exams n stuff.

I'll start making them again once all my exams are over
:D
4th Dan Black Belt
That would be nice.
Sigma | Gata
Thx Blam, ive always wanted to get in to this sort of stuff, never really had the urge to actually do it untill now. keep em coming