Ranking
Original Post
Not a new player but I may as well be
Hello everyone!

I'm not exactly a new player. I first started playing around Oct. 2012. However, even after all this time, I've been off and on (usually off for months and months at a time), and I've only amassed about 60-70 hours total playtime. This was also spread over 5 accounts, as I wasn't able to find a name I was satisfied with for quite a while. My most used account was the one before this one, used for 3 years, but it's been dead for almost 2 years now. On top of that, I always felt my rank was above my actual skill level, as I'd win like 1 in every 20 matches.

I also never bothered to try using these forums, but it seems like there's a nice community here that I'd love to be apart of.

I've got horrible dedication issues and have made messages like these multiple times on servers and forums before disappearing for months a couple weeks later. This could easily be the same case, but I've had this game around me for 6 years now so it could definitely be different.

With all that said, I'm excited to meet y'all! If anyone has any tips for improving myself or getting in the right mentality in game, I'd love to hear them c:
Welcome back. If you want to improve yourself, you could ask a teacher on the Toribash academy discord server to help you: https://discordapp.com/invite/KMhxeAp

As for mentality, I would say don't worry if you are losing a lot. 60-70 hours is not much compared to a lot of the people who play this game, especially when it is spread out over several years. The game is much more fun when you know what you are doing, so it is worth committing to it. If you practise, you will get better, but the hardest part is probably getting past the initial difficulty, and learning to avoid falling over in the first few turns of a fight.

I'd also recommend trying different mods so you don't get bored. Obviously aikido and aikido big dojo are the most popular mods, and they are fun, but don't forget that there are other good mods as well. s_wrestlewip17 is a really good grappling mod, with no sticky grabs or points. The only way to win is by forcing your opponent's head or torso to touch the mat, or by throwing him off it. There are also several good boxing mods, with realtoriboxingmw2 being the most popular, and there are good weapon mods like sabreswip, as well.
Welcome back blu
Dont worry about your name so much, u can change it for a decent price later.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
Welcome back, Bluuu3!
I'm tabby, a member of the Help Squad. It is our prime directive to help out new and returning players alike, so if you have any issues at all, or just are curious about something, don't be afraid to contact us!
Definitely have a look at the Tutorials section of the forums, there's a lot of useful information there, especially useful if you feel like you are struggling with Toribash! I also recommend checking out the Beginner Sanctuary, while you're not inherently a beginner, there is still useful information there to help you along the way.
This game is a huge time consumer, especially when you actively want to get good at it. A lot of time and dedication is involved depending on what you want to do in the game, whether it be replaymaking, or online mods.
If you plan on using the forums, please do have a look at the Global Rules, and any other rules thread you come across before posting, it is vital you know what and where you are posting, because you may risk an infraction or two.

That's pretty much all there is to it! Welcome back Bluuu3, enjoy your stay if you stick around.
Once again, do not be afraid to contact us, and thank you for being a part of our community!