Ranking
Original Post
Toribash 5.23 beta 1 (Steam, all platforms)
How to get the update:
In your Steam games library, right-click Toribash, select properties, navigate to betas tab and select "beta" branch.

This update mainly contains new main menu. To enable it, input /opt newmenu 1 (or 0 to disable).
Majority of currently used art is temporary and will be changed for next betas and final release.

Screenshots:

Features:

• Nicer looking fullscreen UI
  • Upgraded Matchmaking screen with your ranking info
  • Upgraded Login Rewards screen (shouldn't skip rewards anymore)
  • Your account info on top right bar (head avatar, username, clan, tc, st (currently disabled) and qi)
  • Works with custom player GUI textures (logo, header, splat)
  • Works with custom player sounds

Currently disabled:

• Shiai Balance
  • Atmospheres button (Tools section)
  • Discover button (Mods section)
  • Comeback Practice button (Practice section)
  • No Login Reward on client start (can still be accessed anytime by pressing bottom right button)
  • No way to access Flame Forger and certain other misc tools
  • Only English language (will post translation details later)

Known Bugs:

• Any old running script will get terminated once you open main menu (this includes Torishop)
  • While viewing Home tab, events section will be displayed on top of other scripts that use toriui/uielement.lua manager (this includes clans ui, tc purchase screen and other recently added scripts)
  • Claiming daily reward may freeze and/or crash your game client

Any user who finds a new bug will be rewarded with 10K TC.
All ideas and suggestions are welcome!
*It shows I have the stock head texture in the menu
*slideshow skips regardless when you manually go through the slideshow. Should restart the skip timer when you manually go through it (didn't mean goes to start, not sure what I typed previously lol, sorry)
*hitting enter after I go to "challenge uke" makes the menu popup
*sometimes glitched and makes the HUD disappear when you go into "challenge uke"
Last edited by lily; Apr 13, 2018 at 03:58 PM.
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Originally Posted by Ash4136 View Post
I don't really know if it's a bug or I'm just really picky but the text under the modmaker section on menu is invisible on a white background

Don't really understand what you mean, can you provide a screenshot example?
Originally Posted by ViOLeT69 View Post
the slideshow thing advertising the space shiai items and events auto skips when you manually go through it. When it skips it goes to the beginning

Same with this. Auto-rotation timer doesn't reset when you switch between slides (you can see the progress bar advancing), can't replicate the situation when it switches to first slide instead of next one. Gif/video example?
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Shiai tokens in the top right are showing 0, even though I've got 1. Also nothing happens when you click the "Atmospheres" tab.

This one may be a bit of a stretch but if you open the beginners tutorial and then load a replay, the UI will be open and if you close it your HUD will be disabled until you restart the game.

Originally Posted by ViOLeT69 View Post
clicking "comeback practice" glitches and makes the HUD disappear

Please read the OP, it's stated that they're currently disabled and that old scripts will conflict with new ui.
- when you open your own clan info, the buttons underneath (i.e. torishop) can be clicked
+ after this, the clan gui becomes stuck behind the menu and can't be closed
- rectangle can be seen in the back arrow in the clan gui
- our clan is #34 in the clan gui but shows as 200+ in the forum list
- image above "matchmaking is available with brown belt" is very low quality
- "7077993 players searching" for ranked game apparently
- clan GUI can be clicked through the matchmaking GUI
- can't find a login button (and /login only works in multiplayer) (need to restart game)
- i keep getting this error in chat: https://prnt.sc/j4vnth not sure why
- if you're not logged in when the game starts, it shows the old login menu
- matchmake button bottom left still opens the old menu
- sometimes, when going from fullscreen to windowed (ctrl + enter), the menu becomes incorrectly scaled and some buttons are unclickable i.e. settings/discord/shiai http://prntscr.com/j4vt7y
- when logged in, i have a "-1.#IND% win rate"
- sometimes the mod maker just opens on top of the menu
- sometimes, the menu will stay open when i join a server and when i press escape to close it, it also closes the chat and the player list http://prntscr.com/j4vztu
- matchmaking gui sometimes tells me im bronze, sometimes ELO hell. i'm unranked 0 games played
- daily reward doesn't open when searching for matchmaking
Last edited by Surge_old2; Apr 13, 2018 at 08:10 PM.
One thing i'd like changed is the server list, functional sure but it looks bland and has been there for ages, if it was restyled a bit that'd be pretty nice.
How would GUI textures come into place in this update? Will you adjust the GUI textures entirely to be compatible with the new one? Or remove them entirely? Hopefully you wont :x
Originally Posted by Smash2 View Post
How would GUI textures come into place in this update? Will you adjust the GUI textures entirely to be compatible with the new one? Or remove them entirely? Hopefully you wont :x

they currently work already but their buggy, it's open beta so you can test it lol
Cannot wait for match making to be live
[SIGPIC]http://www.franchisezing.com/franchise/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BurgerKing-Banner.jpg[/SIGPIC]