ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
is that good rig?
is that good rig for 3d , 2d artwork and gaming?
Processor: AMD Athlon64 3800+ (4ghz)
Memory: KingSton 512mb (buying 1024mb) DDR2 800mhz
Hard Drive: 250gb segate
Video Card: Nvidia 9500GT xfx 512mb turbo cache
Monitor: SyncMaster 931BW
Sound Card: intergrated
Speakers/Headphones: Trust
Keyboard: Regular Chicony cheap keyboard for now
Mouse: Regular logitech
Operating System: Windows Xp 32bit , Ubuntu Linux 9.10
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Computer Case: Regular Black
Depends how much you are paying. I would say no put it depends on what you would consider "gaming"
<Jaker> fucking yes , the black anal fetish fetus , :-* love ya .. btw i love how your teehts are touching my *PIEP* when you do a blowjob <3
I LOVE YOU :-*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leader of [l]|ORMO Recruiter|BISH|[WTU]|[ETC]|Replays|[TGS]|
IMO: Get at least 2GB of RAM. Its pretty cheap nowadays.

Also I recommend you ATI Radeon HD4670 instead of that Nvidia card. According to reviews, it has a better gaming performance on most games than Nvidia 9500gt and the price should be pretty much the same, or close.

That rig could be considered a mainstream gaming computer, but you shouldn't expect it to run the most recent games in huge-ass screen resolutions with maxed-out graphics.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Dec 28, 2009 at 05:27 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Well the cpu is o/c? cause that's pretty fast bro
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
yeah, the Athlon 3800+ runs at 2.4 ghz normally. That's a crazy OC.

Most new computers have at least 2 gigs of ram. I would get 4 gigs if possible, if you are gonna be using a lot of image editing programs at once. Plus usually firefox to search.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Tbh i wouldnt call that a gaming computer.

I have 4gb ram ,a 9800gt 1gb Graphics card,500gb hdd and a carp 2.4ghz intel dual core. I might consider my pc gaming if it had a better processor. But on the other side i play games at high with my 22 inch full hd screen at max res (1920x1080) and the only thing turned down is AA.

My computer cost around $1500 NZD custom made.

How much is that computer you are asking us about?
<Jaker> fucking yes , the black anal fetish fetus , :-* love ya .. btw i love how your teehts are touching my *PIEP* when you do a blowjob <3
I LOVE YOU :-*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Leader of [l]|ORMO Recruiter|BISH|[WTU]|[ETC]|Replays|[TGS]|
OKay, that setup isnt really good for gaming at all, the graphics card if fine, but the Ram needs to be 2-3+ the best you could get is 4gb, I myself use 4gig and can run Garys mod perfectly, even with my shitty Graphics accelerator. you'd also need about 200gb HDD, but I reccomend if possibke to get a 1TB External harddrive.
No need to get 4GB unless the Operative System is a 64-bit version.

32-bit Operative Systems can only support 3GB of RAM
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Originally Posted by 931bw View Post
Processor: AMD Athlon64 3800+ (4ghz)

Um no it isn't. That processor is 2.4 ghz. Back on topic, your comp is decent but nothing special. You definitely won't be able to play new games on high settings, if that's what you want.
VERY IMPORTANT: THIS ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER IN USE. IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT ME THEN PM ONAMIST.
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
No need to get 4GB unless the Operative System is a 64-bit version.

32-bit Operative Systems can only support 3GB of RAM

Well it can support over 3 gigs, but if you get 4 gigs I think some is not used. But for 32 bit, 4 is the best you can get.

I'd go for 64bit though. You never know how long you'd be keeping your system, and ram will only become cheaper, and applications larger.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]