Toribash
Original Post
Some Questions About Computers
Ok hello guys, I got a few questions, please help me. Here's the question.

1. My Motherboard supports CrossFireX, but I don't use ATi graphic cards. I was wondering can it also support SLI? I'm using GeForce GTX 275.

2. Is it true that Motherboards only support some processors that only listed on the Motherboard's Box?

3. I want to buy a Gaming Mouse, should I buy Razer Mamba or Razer Imperator. I mean which one is better?

Ok, thanks guys, please answer it, I need your help.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
1. Yes, it should.

2. Yep, each processor is made with a certain socket, for example LGA 775, 1156, and 1366 for intel, with 775 being their core 2, 1156 being the i3, i5, and the i7 860, and the 1366 being the i7 900's. Same goes for AMD. Yeah, it does mean that you sometimes gotta buy a new motherboard, but they can't keep the chips confined with old tech.

3. If you have the money, definitely a mamba. Wireless is REALLY nice to have, plus it comes with a cool little charging stand.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Thanks Jak, but does a wireless mouse can be "un-reponse" sometimes?
Most wireless mice do, but this is the Mamba you're talkin' 'bout ;)

usual response for typical wireless mice is 8 ms. The mamba: only 1 ms...THAT"S THE SAME AS MY DEATHADDER!!!! :O

Plus, it also works while you plug it in with the cable to charge. Damn, it's a sexy mouse. Trust me, you'll hate having a cable eventually. It's the only thing that ruins the deathadder for me, cuz I came from a logitech wireless. With Deathadder = great response time and all, but sometimes the cable gets caught on the keyboard or the pc. And their cables are very well built, aka not very flexible.
Just get the mamba, you won't regret it. And if you do, I'll happily buy it off of you
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
Yes, I own the mamba. It's very nice very east to install. Comes with it's very own charger and nice little box to show off :b. You won't regret any purchases from razer is all I have to say.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Well thanks guys, but I just bought Razer Imperator. Razer Mamba is not cheap here, actually I can buy it, but my mother would punish me from buying PC Games. Btw, Jak are you sure that my Motherboard can support SLI? My Motherboard is abit IX48-GT3 and it supports CrossFireX. I don't mean to not believing you, it's just to make sure, because I would buy another GeForce GTX 275 if it's true.
Don't both getting another GTX 275. Get a 5870 if possible. You'll get much better results, and still and PhysX/Cuda capabilities.
I tried the Mamba and the Imperator and I have to say, that the Imperator is much better imo.

The Mamba does have some problems with some mousepads and the switch between usb and wireless is pretty awkward because its hard to plug in,so I'am thinking I'am breaking something in there while I'am plugging it in.

BUT the Mamba-feeling while playing is better than the Imperator-feeling.The imperator is pretty good for palm-grip and the Mamba for fingertip, but you can use both grips on the mice.

Overall I would say the Imperator is a bit better because of the cable handling as opposed to the plugged-in Mamba.

But the Mamba has the wireless bonus,but I'am not using it wireless,because i would throw it against the wall when I rage :< (cable ftw.)
Yeah price is the main problem for the mamba. 120 on a mouse is pretty crazy!

I'm not 100% sure, but supporting crossire should make it able to sli.

Okay I just did some searching on google. Looks like you'd need hacked drivers to do so.
The stuff was about older cards and drivers though. I wouldn't risk it. Yeah just get a 5870. Sell the gtx and in the future get a second 5870 for crossfire. You'll get dx11 along the way.

@Onamist: would cuda and physx be running still, but on the CPU if I use an ATI? If so, I'd definitely move to ati this generation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

Incognito - [o]
Hmm... That's make sense, I never hack a driver before. Well is there any possible that GTX
495 would be released? GTX 480 has a less bit than GTX 275 right? My father also said that I might get this ATi HD 5970 or HD 5870 if I could get a good grade this year. But I'm really a fan of Nvdia :3

Oh yeah here's my specs :

Graphic Card : NVdia GeForce GTX 275
Processor : Intel Quad 2 Core 2.33 GHz
Motherboard : abix IX48-GT3
RAM : 4GB

I'm planning to use Windows 7 when I find my real Gaming PC :3