Toribash
Original Post
I got a problem with my Alienware M15X
Ok guys, my father bought me an Alienware M15X for my birthday. Well that's not the problem, here's the problem,

At the first time I play Left 4 Dead 2, the laptop can run it perfectly, but at the second day, the laptop can't run it perfectly, I mean this laptop use GTX 260M so it should run L4D2 with no lags. I realized that I haven't downloaded the newest NVdia Verde driver. So I downloaded the driver and it works, but everytime I turn on my laptop I always need to download the driver to run L4D2 perfectly. And now everytime I download the driver, my laptop still can't run L4D2 with the recomended settings.

Please help me, I just want to play L4D2 and some other games without lags or something like that.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
Are you talking about offline or online play? because online play is effected most by your connection.
Both of it. I ran it perfectly when the first time I use it.
Hrmm, while your playing make sure to close any background applications and antivirus programs that could be using up your resources (since your playing a game your unlikely to download a virus :P)
Hey I always run any games with any background app closed.
hurmm, the only other thing I can think of is downloading everything (all the drivers) you can from dell's or alienwares website, other than that i'm spent.
Do you play it with the laptop plugged in? If not, you should.It could give you a bit of performance boost.
Proud member of [Pandora]
if what voxus suggested doesn't work which it should i would go into device manager (start, type device manager and hit enter in the search box)

click on the arrow next to display adapters right click on your nvidia 260m and click update driver software,

browse for driver software on your computer and click "let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
next should be a list of all compatible drivers for your 260m with the dates they were released to the right.
it will look something like this "NVIDIA GeForce 260m Version: 8.17.11.9621 [1/11/10]"
click on the most up to date version and hit the next button. in which case it will install the drivers and possibly ask you to restart.

once done after restarting go into task manager and look at your nvvsvc.exe tasks (should be 2 of them) in the description it should read "NVIDIA Driver Helper Service, Version 196.21 (or the version you just updated to)

if that doesn't work i would revert to the last good working driver you were using
You don't say?