Toribash
Original Post
Can LCD Monitors support Xbox 360?
Okay, the tittle says all,
Can LCD Monitors support Xbox 360?
I'm going to have my own room now, and I need 2 LCDs and 2 Xbox 360s. Since LCD TV is expensive (especially when you buy 2), I really need this answer. Btw, is there any LED Monitors? If yes, please tell me the brand.

You probally wondering, "Why would you need 2 LCDs?".
Well, because I wanna play some games with my friends without splitting the screen.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
If your Xbox has an HDMI output, pretty much any LCD monitor with an HDMI or a DVI input will work. (DVI and HDMI use the same signal, you can use an adapter to connect an HDMI cable from your Xbox to a DVI input on the monitor with zero loss in quality.)

If your Xbox only outputs in standard resolutions... it's basically pointless. Also, system link is silly and I believe a majority of games don't support it.
So that means I only need an Xbox 360 with its HDMI cable?
Can you give me the picture of the cable?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

If your Xbox has one of them, you can just buy an HDMI cable (plus a DVI adapter if your monitor only has a DVI input.)
Ok thanks, please give a monitor picture with DVI and without DVI. Please

If a monitor has one of those, you can use an adapter to make an HDMI cable work with it.

Pretty much any electronics place is guaranteed to have HDMI cables in all shapes and sizes, plus the adapters for them. They're common.

Of course, when you buy a monitor it'll clearly say on the back what inputs it supports.
Originally Posted by CiaoTime View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HDMI

If your Xbox has one of them, you can just buy an HDMI cable (plus a DVI adapter if your monitor only has a DVI input.)

I don't think there are versions of Xbox which does not have HDMI. Unless you have Xbox Arcade.
Originally Posted by Aspire
HAHAHA, I'M NOT A LOCAL MODERATOR ANYMORE. YOU STUPID PEOPLE!

Okay, so what I need is,

2 Xbox 360s
2 LCD Monitors
2 Xbox 360 HDMI Cables
2 DVI Adapters
1 LAN Cable

Or there's a way to play Co-Op in Gears of War with 1 Xbox 360 and 2 LCDs?
Last edited by adotEngine; Jul 12, 2010 at 04:37 PM.
You only need DVI adapters if you're going to buy a monitor that has a DVI input, but not an HDMI input. When you go to the store to buy the monitor, ask an employee there about what you want and what you need, they'll set you up with everything. We can't because we're not physically there.

Still doesn't stop me from saying that I think your idea of buying two 360s is a colossal waste of money.
Originally Posted by Aspire View Post
I don't think there are versions of Xbox which does not have HDMI. Unless you have Xbox Arcade.

I have the arcade version and it has HDMI on it. It has everything that other xbox's have.

I also bought a hdmi to dvi cable on amazon.com for like 5 bucks.