- Radeon HD 5870
- Radeon HD 5850
- Radeon HD 5830
- Radeon HD 5770
- Radeon HD 5750
- Radeon HD 5670
- Radeon HD 5570
- Radeon HD 5450

Ok, what do you think about them? Which one is better? NVIDIA or ATi?
Only one way to find out..... Discuss.
Last edited by adotEngine; Jul 15, 2010 at 11:44 AM.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
I prefer ATI because you get more for the price, however, with this new 460 that completely changes my opinion.
ATI easily. Each high-end ATI card outranks the equivalent NVidia card in almost everything except SLI/Crossfire and 3D tests. And they are cheaper as well.
Well too bad ATi don't have PhysX. I prefer NVIDIA because they have better features and performance.
I don't what can CUDA do but, Metro 2033, Cryotasis, Mirror's Edge, and Batman Arkham Asylum support PhysX.
better streamlined processing of 3 dimensional gaming physics means less work on the processor. meaning in turn for those games that do use physx you get better visuals ingame with better overall performance, software physics on an ati card looks worse and plays worse because it draws from the cpu not the gpu.

not all ati users get left out though, if you have 2 pcie 16x ports you can have ati primary with an nvidia dedicated physx card
You don't say?
As for CUDA, JC2 uses it for the water.

This truly sucks, because when I checked a couple months ago, a secondary nvidia card in a hybrid combo does NOT give you CUDA.

Physx hasn't been used enough in games to justify sticking only to nvidia for me.

Prices are finally dropping on the card too. They seem to be on constant sales.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by Organ View Post
better streamlined processing of 3 dimensional gaming physics means less work on the processor. meaning in turn for those games that do use physx you get better visuals ingame with better overall performance, software physics on an ati card looks worse and plays worse because it draws from the cpu not the gpu.

not all ati users get left out though, if you have 2 pcie 16x ports you can have ati primary with an nvidia dedicated physx card

NVIDIA JUST HAD one of their most sleazy marketing tactics exposed, that PhysX is faster on a GPU than a CPU. As David Kanter at Real World Tech proves, the only reason that PhysX is faster on a GPU is because Nvidia purposely hobbles it on the CPU. If they didn't, PhysX would run faster on a modern CPU.

http://www.semiaccurate.com/2010/07/...les-physx-cpu/
http://www.realworldtech.com/page.cf...WT070510142143

Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Prices are finally dropping on the card too. They seem to be on constant sales.

I remember when Nvidia had a monopoly. The 8800 Ultra price was around €800 (around $1000)
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jul 15, 2010 at 05:20 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi