ES Recruitment Drive
i read that, ati is coming around though if you read up on their new technology they're working on it seems they have their own work around for performance gains over nvidia

nvidia just hasn't changed the old physx code from x87 to sse yet which would increase software physx performance but it still wouldn't be as good as hardware dedicated physx performance

if nvidia did change the code the developers would more than likely increase the amount of rendered physics properties in any given scene making the increase in realism in that aspect alot better
You don't say?
Mmmmmm, yeah I can't wait for the HD 6000's too. But they seem....so far away
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
Mmmmmm, yeah I can't wait for the HD 6000's too. But they seem....so far away

Thats the secret. Waiting = profit.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Well I'm waiting for the GTX 500 series, but I guess NVIDIA is gonna sell them with high price.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
Nvidia 580: $580, 600 watts, idle temp of 100 C. Under load, it will be able to explode a liquid cooling system from vapor pressure.

Seeing as Nvidia has barely begun to fill out the 400's and still needs revisions to the high end cards, I don't think you should expect the 500's before Christmas. On the other hand, the 6000's are already deep in development and are likely to be introduced before the year is over.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
This is what sold me on PhisX and Nvidia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xRJt8rcmY
Last edited by graboy; Jul 16, 2010 at 10:32 PM. Reason: Youtube video wasnt loading, posting link
Originally Posted by graboy View Post
This is what sold me on PhisX and Nvidia.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0xRJt8rcmY

That just shows that without PhysX, NVidia cards are shit. My 5870 shows everything that the NVidia card with PhysX enabled shows.
I heard that some Non-PhysX card can use PhysX, but they need to hack the driver.
I guess that's too risky. What NVIDIA need is the 4*5 series. I mean like 475 or 485, seing the GTX 465 has its little brother, GTX 460.
And the last thing is GTX 490, it will compete with HD 5970. It should have dual GPU chips.
Oh yeah, I heard the rumor about HD 5890, I guess ATi is gonna beat GTX 480 again.
adotEngine : TOMATOES!
Jonggi : POTATOES! Copycat!
PhysX is a marketing gimmick. I saw some "exclusive" effects on the batman game... And shit! that was lame as fuck. Papers flying around... seriously. I saw that shit on games older than a decade. Who needs PhysX for sort of stuff? Its not like it would suck the hell out of the CPU.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jul 17, 2010 at 06:56 AM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
physx is purely eye candy, but the effects in most physx games (even some good ones) cannot be disabled fully but only brought to software physx level which is cpu rendering

in this case it is nice to have an nvidia card because even if you dont want those features or don't care you will get more performance in that game with an nvidia gpu vs ati

i'm not saying that the nvidia physx trend goes with all games but it does help in rendering not only physx by nvidia but it as well helps with Folding@home and a couple other programs. physx isn't purely gaming based but it's main application is games

also if hardware level physx were enabled on your cpu you would get 1 fps more than likely because of how physx computations are "rendered" mathematically, cpu's aren't optimized for that code yet so the software has to be written or enhanced for cpu physx to be optimal. and yes even on a core i7 processor the cpu draw of hardware physx would be astounding.
You don't say?