Ranking
Original Post
Update button for items in market
This is simple and very useful.
The point is that when u opend an item that u own on market u have a update button that will lower -1 tc from your opponents item.. of there is the mannualy price change thing like it is now.
I see this like the remove button from the items that you already have for your items that are on market.

This would make life eaayer for evwrybody that wants to sell something.
I can draw ascetch later.
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
it would make YOUR life easier, not ours (:

but it will be nice if you can put a certain number like - 10 tc from your opponent's item
aaaaAAaaAasaaadABabababalnandàas2
Not only my life...for everybody that price gets beatten up...
And u would still have the free edit where u can put any number. This would just be faster and lower by 1 tc
Pm me for deals
I hate having to click on the item then manually writing In the new price.
A simple click to do all this would be awsome.
I know. Maybe with all these updates in the shop and inventory they will add this to.
U can either do it manually like it is or you could just click the button and go 1tc lower.
Pm me for deals
this is one of the laziest threads i have seen in the suggestions board :O
i dont see how moving your mouse and highlighting would take that much
bookmark the page with the items u want to sell
also reducing 1tc wouldn't be as successful as removing 100tc
i myself always buy the 2nd/3rrd item to support the marketers ;)
i dont see any major use
unless u can convince me other wise
INB4 14 days ban
Placing items for 1tc lower than other one is gay-ish. Making a special option for it is gayish gayish.
Not rlly. People almost always buy the cheapest item.
-1tc also maximises profits. 100 or 1 tc doaen't make any difference.
Idk about lazy. I have around 3000 items out there. This is just my case.
Other people have 3 to 4 market pages...it is a save of time to not go through thouse items with multiple clicks and edits and for multiple times/day.
If u remember last year the staff alowed market bots for faster use of the market.
I was constantly suggesting to make it publicly available so that everybody can save time. This is one of thouse things that make market more accesible and make it faster.

Imempty there are several ways of selling items.
By lowering with 1 u make the best profit.
U can also buy on forum and put it in market for a attractive lower price with hope that price won't drop until u sell it.
I like to sell high price misc and make a 5-6k profit per item...
Anyway. I think this would be a great addition and it would make people use the market faster and more efficient.
Pm me for deals
This will never happen and it's mostly for the same reasons that we banned market bots and other 3rd party automation.

With bots, a big issues was that some users were put on unequal footing compared to others when selling items. Those with bots could just sit back, afk, whatever and still be competitive in the market.

Bigger than that though is just the principle of the market as a whole. The point of it here is to allow a quick and easy way for users to sell items to other users in cases where they don't really care to haggle or negotiate the trade and so where a thread in the market board wouldn't fit the purpose.

That ties into the other main reason we banned market automation. We don't want to particularly encourage this hardcore marketing and profiting that seems to get more and more popular. What really gets me is that you don'tseem to really care about things like 'market accessibility'. You're after profit and ways to make it bigger. It's pretty self serving and illustrates my point. The reason you're finding troubles while marketing is that you aren't using the market as intended. No one is ever really supposed to be trying to sell 3000 items at once.

You might say that what we're looking for is directly in condradiction to how an open market works by nature and that what we want is ideological, aspirational and downright impossible but we'd still rather go for that than a clusterfuck marketing minigame on the forum - which is what the market as a whole gets treated as by some.

In a game where the market is a big part and customisation is so heavily featured this kind of market system isn't the aim. As I said up the top of this post the market is there to provide a quick and easy way to buy an sell items. So sure, feel free to go through and lower your items manually and be competitive but it's not particularly in line with our philosophy so we won't be doing anything to encourage it.

As I said in the market bot discussions way back, if a marketing game is what you want you'll probably have more fun and success playing something like Eve online or even irl stocks. :s
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
This will never happen and it's mostly for the same reasons that we banned market bots and other 3rd party automation.

With bots, a big issues was that some users were put on unequal footing compared to others when selling items. Those with bots could just sit back, afk, whatever and still be competitive in the market.

Bigger than that though is just the principle of the market as a whole. The point of it here is to allow a quick and easy way for users to sell items to other users in cases where they don't really care to haggle or negotiate the trade and so where a thread in the market board wouldn't fit the purpose.

That ties into the other main reason we banned market automation. We don't want to particularly encourage this hardcore marketing and profiting that seems to get more and more popular. What really gets me is that you don'tseem to really care about things like 'market accessibility'. You're after profit and ways to make it bigger. It's pretty self serving and illustrates my point. The reason you're finding troubles while marketing is that you aren't using the market as intended. No one is ever really supposed to be trying to sell 3000 items at once.

You might say that what we're looking for is directly in condradiction to how an open market works by nature and that what we want is ideological, aspirational and downright impossible but we'd still rather go for that than a clusterfuck marketing minigame on the forum - which is what the market as a whole gets treated as by some.

In a game where the market is a big part and customisation is so heavily featured this kind of market system isn't the aim. As I said up the top of this post the market is there to provide a quick and easy way to buy an sell items. So sure, feel free to go through and lower your items manually and be competitive but it's not particularly in line with our philosophy so we won't be doing anything to encourage it.

As I said in the market bot discussions way back, if a marketing game is what you want you'll probably have more fun and success playing something like Eve online or even irl stocks. :s

It's not just me that is doing this, it's just that i am very experienced at it.
I was thinking about this as a way for other people to compete with me much more easyer and ofc for me to save some time and in consequence they save some time.
A lot of market sqad members did hardcore marketing and there are tons of users that do this to make a bit of extra tc to buy more stuff.
The market bot experiment did not work because it was exclusive for only a few users. If u did changes so it would be accesible to the hole comunity it would be imbeded fast in the game.
I am also helping a lot of people that want to sell big quantities of items and it would take months to do so. I am aware that i also mess up with other people and they leave some tc in my acc every time they buy an item and then sell it back to me.
Overall i'd like stuff like this to be implemented because it will not only save me time but it will save time for the hole comunity and people would find it more easy to check the items and become more used to updating the market and using it for maximum advantages.
Anyway, it's your call afterall. Imo this would be usefull
-----
And ofc these suggestions come from things that i would find usefull because i use the system a lot and i know from experience how to improve it. As it shows it's a good system to market.
Last edited by Insanity; Sep 27, 2015 at 02:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Pm me for deals