Ranking
Original Post
Help Nathan pick out a desktop and stuff \:D/
Okay well I'm expecting to get a new computer by February and I'll have a limited budget but I want to get the best for my money.
Info;
Must be good for gaming
I'll probably have a budget of $1000-$2000
Needs to be fast
Would like to hear multiple opinions on it and why I should choose it
I want something that looks nice but look doesn't matter that much.
Alienware sucks ass so don't recommend it unless you give a good backing for it.

I will also be needing things to go along with it that will have a separate budget.
Chair;
Nice and comfy c:
Spinny
Wheels
Looks nice
Kinda maybe sorta cheap

Monitor;
I want something that's really nice for a monitor needs to look really nice and have good resolution.
Best for it's buck

Desk;
Need something to hold the tower and monitor of course so yeah want something nice but cheap.

Mouse;
Good for gaming
looks cool
I'd spend a lil bit for a nice mouse c:

Keyboard;
FUKIN LIGTES M8
Want it to look cool

Misc;
I'll let you guys find accessories that I should get along with a new desktop c:

Help me?
I'm right handed ;o
Last edited by Natejas; Jan 1, 2014 at 02:41 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
~ raku ~ Team Girl Scouts ~ Clan League 2013 Champion ~ Duelist ~
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Right handed
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
Personally my favorite headset I've owned and I've owned a shit load of headsets is the one I recently got for Christmas The Razer BlackShark

As for mice I personally enjoyed The RAT 9 for my right hand, but I am left handed so it was still weird, so I'm probably not the best judge on that.

And Ducky keyboards are fucking awesome
I really like the mice, they look bad ass too
Headset; Really nice and affordable so I like that
Not liking the keyboards though :C, something weird about em' they look really bland
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
I know you guys dont like me posting on your forum but for the sake of helping Id recommend this headset and i currently use and recommend this mouse except i use black version
[21:55] Icky: How the fuck can i make witty lines about blossoms without going full weeb
these headsets are really good, i own a pair of these, but they also have them in white, and less costly ones, but still pretty, the ones i have can change the light color manually

this guy shows you how to make a gaming pc for less than $500, which i saw a bit too late after seeing this, i was like 0_0
When Will Chaney take back his fucking 3,000 Christmas hats
The Logitech G500s Mouse is insanely good for like 50-60 bucks.

The Razer Deathadder is a great alternative if you have bigger hands and like LEDs.

For Keyboard, you're going to want to get a mechanical one. Mechanical keyboards with Cherry MX Blue switches are clicky and tactile (feel sexy as fuck) but can be loud, and if you aren't down for a loud keyboard, Cherry MX Brown switches are a little less clicky and a bit squishier, but are somewhat quiet and less obnoxious.

Out of all the mechanical keyboards, this is probably the best choice in terms of typing quality and performance, but the Razer Blackwidow might be better for you if you like lights and gaming customization (macros, etc)

You probably want a good mousepad, since a crappy surface will make any mouse perform like shit. This mousepad is really good.

Monitors aren't really something you have to be picky about, a 1080p 60Hz monitor of a somewhat well known company is pretty much always a good choice. Here's one I found for a decent price.

Desk and chair.

Here's a parts list I've compiled of a PC that is beyond perfect and fits in your budget.

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2tv8I
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2tv8I/by_merchant/
Benchmarks: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2tv8I/benchmarks/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor ($233.99 @ SuperBiiz)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H80i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($94.99 @ J&R)
Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme4 ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($134.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws Z Series 8GB (4 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung 840 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($109.99 @ Staples)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($59.98 @ OutletPC)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 770 2GB Video Card ($349.98 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($88.98 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: XFX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply ($86.20 @ NCIX US)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 (OEM) (64-bit) ($88.98 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1333.07

Total price for everything I've listed together is about 1800-1900. That gives you breathing room for extra cables, a headset, etc.

I'm not really big on gaming headsets, so ask someone else about that :P
Lane
Lane
Lane
I love you
That's extremely helpful thank you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Prince
Fucking
Ravioli
This was so fucked up what i said that i had to come now and edit this away...
Last edited by Zapekk; Mar 31, 2019 at 12:32 AM.

fuck