Toribash
it's not a fetish it's a preference. its not dehumanizing
its not anyone's fault if they like skinny light skin girls with sizable breasts and wide hips, sexual preference has always played a role in evolution, this isn't even worth discussing it is natural
everyone has problems and i dont support pandering to the salty losers of the biological lottery, dont get me wrong, i give everyone their due respect but you cant argue with human nature. there is no point trying to make being human a fucking hate crime rofl
why are you putting words in my mouth? i never said anything was a "hate crime" nor should it be. my point is that a lot of things we take for granted as "human nature" are just societal dogma. "human nature" has been used to describe all sorts of things we have since abolished or debunked. incidentally this includes things like slavery, segregation, phrenology, social darwinism, evolutionary psychology, and so on.

what i'm not arguing is that it's somehow problematic to not be attracted to all humans equally, nor even am i arguing that we should shame people for their preferences even if they are influenced by systematic racism. i'm just saying that we ought to examine and reconsider how we view beauty as a society in the first place.

you are reducing my point to a strawman because you don't want to engage with it, which i understand, because i don't really enjoy engaging with you, either. but i hope you do recognize that you haven't actually addressed a thing i've said, and are reacting to some argument you think i'm making instead of the one i actually am.
Last edited by SlyBash; Aug 21, 2020 at 10:48 AM.
Originally Posted by SlyBash View Post
why are you putting words in my mouth? i never said anything was a "hate crime" nor should it be. my point is that a lot of things we take for granted as "human nature" are just societal dogma. "human nature" has been used to describe all sorts of things we have since abolished or debunked. incidentally this includes things like slavery, segregation, phrenology, social darwinism, evolutionary psychology, and so on.

what i'm not arguing is that it's somehow problematic to not be attracted to all humans equally, nor even am i arguing that we should shame people for their preferences even if they are influenced by systematic racism. i'm just saying that we ought to examine and reconsider how we view beauty as a society in the first place.

you are reducing my point to a strawman because you don't want to engage with it, which i understand, because i don't really enjoy engaging with you, either. but i hope you do recognize that you haven't actually addressed a thing i've said, and are reacting to some argument you think i'm making instead of the one i actually am.

this was not directed at you, it was simply my thoughts on the subject

its simply a statement

I literally just read the convo and gave my thoughts on the subject matter directed at no one so dont think im targetting you , I if i was i would quote you and properly argue, but i dont take issue with anything youve said lol
Last edited by RAAAGE; Aug 21, 2020 at 11:23 AM.
I did not close the thread because of the sexual comments on it, I closed it because the posts were low effort shitposts. In hindsight, i've simply deleted them and reopened the thread.

Fun is definitely allowed in Off-Topic, but this isn't wibbles. If your post is supposed to be a joke, it has to be more than just a shitpost. Shitposts belong(ed) in wibbles, not here.
Originally Posted by sirkill1 View Post
Does the off topic forum allow fun?

that entirely depends on what you find fun. Some people in this community find having political debates and sometimes arguments about other stuff fun quite clearly which is fine for off-topic, makes people actually post and be open minded about all these good and bad things that are happening around the world.

Fun being: joking about random things and making meme threads was a wibbles thing obviously and I see why the mods have removed them, since they aren't for Off-Topic.

I think it's time to close toribash related threads in off topic and reinforce that you can have fun posting about things that aren't toribash without the thread being closed.

I agree, If it's related to Toribash then it's defeating the point of the 'Off-Topic' subject like the 'Theft' thread 'Why is Numbers not legend?' thread and the 'Has Toribash affected your real life in anyway?' thread... surely they should be in the Rapid Threads section if there isn't any other place?

reinforce that you can have fun posting about things that aren't toribash without the thread being closed.

Bit of a tricky one, there could be rules on what 'fun threads' mean?
Last edited by max; Aug 21, 2020 at 09:25 PM.
i honestly dont get it

we had discussions for serious topics and off-topic for what, also serious topics? kind of r worded imo.

before anyone says "durr wibbles is a thing" well 1, wibbles isnt a thing anymore and 2, wibbles was a place where you could post literally anything and anything goes. that's not what off-topic is which is a place where u can post funny stuff without getting TOO wild.

the only subforums in off-topic that are actually cool are the gaming, music, and computer related threads.

i dont think ive ever seen a quality off-topic thread other than the white bread ass "what is your favorite cereal" threads

literally half of these threads are discussion type threads

moral of the story here kids is that literally dont post or read anything here because the threads all suck dick and are boring as shit
-----
Originally Posted by duck View Post
I would say a bit of a reform could happen now that you have wibbles refugees out here, towards OT becoming more lax, but I can see how staff might see that move as a bit of a PTSD trigger, because noone wants to deal with that shit, which was half the reason why wibbles got fucked off.

we are lazy and dont feel like moderating off-topic so we keep it serious round here

sounds about right
-----
Originally Posted by Chirs View Post
I did not close the thread because of the sexual comments on it, I closed it because the posts were low effort shitposts. In hindsight, i've simply deleted them and reopened the thread.

Fun is definitely allowed in Off-Topic, but this isn't wibbles. If your post is supposed to be a joke, it has to be more than just a shitpost. Shitposts belong(ed) in wibbles, not here.

you forget the fact that having a subforum with no rules is complete unmoderated dogshit. in my opinion shitposting should be allowed as long as people dont tell each other to kill/hang/burn themselves.
Last edited by skizz; Aug 23, 2020 at 08:19 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Originally Posted by skizz View Post
you forget the fact that having a subforum with no rules is complete unmoderated dogshit. in my opinion shitposting should be allowed as long as people dont tell each other to kill/hang/burn themselves.

You are not entitled to a board without rules where you can shitpost whatever you want.

Wibbles was the closest thing to that, a board dedicated to house all the low effort shitposts so that they wouldn't spill out into the rest of the forum. For that reason a significant portion of staff wanted to keep it around way longer than it really should have been. Eventually we made the decision to delete it because of what it eventually turned into.

Off-Topic has never been a place for low effort shitposts, and just because we removed wibbles it's not going to become that either. We are already more lax with what kind of threads we allow and how much effort a post must have to be considered not useless, but wibbles as a board to exclusively shitpost in was a priviledge, and we felt that the community at large misused it so we took it away.

The vocal majority of users wanted wibbles to be deleted anyway, and strangely enough the same people are now advocating that we turn off-topic into wibbles lite. It's not going to happen.
Originally Posted by Chirs View Post
You are not entitled to a board without rules where you can shitpost whatever you want.

Wibbles was the closest thing to that, a board dedicated to house all the low effort shitposts so that they wouldn't spill out into the rest of the forum. For that reason a significant portion of staff wanted to keep it around way longer than it really should have been. Eventually we made the decision to delete it because of what it eventually turned into.

Off-Topic has never been a place for low effort shitposts, and just because we removed wibbles it's not going to become that either. We are already more lax with what kind of threads we allow and how much effort a post must have to be considered not useless, but wibbles as a board to exclusively shitpost in was a priviledge, and we felt that the community at large misused it so we took it away.

The vocal majority of users wanted wibbles to be deleted anyway, and strangely enough the same people are now advocating that we turn off-topic into wibbles lite. It's not going to happen.

you’re missing my point

wibbles was really bad with the way it was handled and what im saying is off-topic can be a healthier version of wibbles because, of course, it’s moderated.

i dont want wibbles back at all im done seeing shitty goomba posts. what im saying is as long as its funny it should be allowed here is all im saying
i personally advocated for wibbles to be killed several times but ive never advocated for a reincarnation of wibbles in offtopic. wibbles went to shit due to harassment, bigotry and generally malicious, garbage posts (which are still being made here). that was a result of the lack of rules and the mentality surrounding the board, which is completely different in this one

i just genuinely dont know what the posting standards are supposed to be in off-topic anymore, so i don't know if i'll get infracted for making a post like this or this, which are obviously low effort. my opinion is that low effort posting should be allowed as long as its not harmful, spam, flooding and/or entirely nonsensical. i don't know if thats what the posting standards are like right now, it's just blurry to me
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???