Ranking
simple task, recreate my head texture. I thought it would be easy, and it probably should have been. Three hours have passed since I started, and my progress is saddening. Can anyone give me tips on how to speed this up or point out some cool effects?

Definitely looks better than your previous head, i'll tell you that much. Nicely smoothed out the edges there. The question is what more do you want to do with it, that you had spent 3 hours at it.
But why's the rum gone? :v
If i'm correct, then killer is after a 512 set. Had to practice with photoshop anyway so i said i'd rework his textures (not much to do there anyways). Here it is, plain and simple, only better res and matches your lax colour.

In the old textures i was able to make it glow. Somehow i can't find the same option here, much as i looked for it. Still if you like it, i can send it over, basically just two files: one with the crest (for chest&stomach) and one without (leather pattern for the rest).
these max graphic's images D:

and i'm stuck with my lowest graphic settings :<
At least some other people see you in this max graphics form and are impressed, I suppose.
I thought you we're going to buy a 512 set, it's why i reworked them ;d bleh. Well if you manage to get it, i still have the files.