ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Career mod
OK like some other games there is a career mod, and in Toribash there should be, I mean this game will be better if there is a career mod, fighting some players , and what is cooler that its single player not online!. And if u complete the career mod u will get shitlaod of Tc.

So hope u like this idea 😁
It's an easy way to farm tc, just make a bunch of alt's, and if it's ip locked, they can just bypass that easily still.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 16, 2015 at 12:07 PM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
Originally Posted by sicmo View Post
It's an easy way to farm tc, just make a bunch of alt's, and if it's ip locked, they can just bypass that easily still.
Unsupported

This idea is not only for tc, it will make this game more fun.
The main reason why Toribash can't have a proper career mode is that Uke can only do either movements that are predefined or random stuff. None of that can be even relatively close to fighting a real opponent and thus it'd be pretty much useless.
Having prizes for completing such career would mean that it'd be abused, too, yeah.

Toribash can have some "quests" not involving simulation of regular PvP fights - stuff like get from point A to point B in some fancy mod under X frames. If you have similar ideas, please share.
I can see that this can only be added to parkour. Even then,the replay will be copied and tc will be farmed easily.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 16, 2015 at 01:16 PM.
Are you living the life you really want?
Let's try to make this thread into something more constructive than the usual AI threads. In other words, no posts about how uke will never fight properly and focus on sir's question instead.
Last edited by Lazors; Aug 16, 2015 at 03:28 PM. Reason: because, you know, it's a sir's question. not to be taken lightly.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
The main reason why Toribash can't have a proper career mode is that Uke can only do either movements that are predefined or random stuff. None of that can be even relatively close to fighting a real opponent and thus it'd be pretty much useless.
Having prizes for completing such career would mean that it'd be abused, too, yeah.

Toribash can have some "quests" not involving simulation of regular PvP fights - stuff like get from point A to point B in some fancy mod under X frames. If you have similar ideas, please share.

Uhm probably there is a way to use Uke to simulate a fight, but i don't if it will effectively work, it's just a theory. Anyways this is what i was thinking about.

The player starts from a point A and has to reach a point B. In between there is Uke.

The system has different levels, once you complete one, you unlock the next one. Each level has a different mod, with different difficoulty, for example: you have less DM threshold / it's more difficoult to DM Uke / there are less frames to complete the level / there are more obstacles.

General mod layout:

Click to open a bad drawing

- Player runs towards Uke avoiding obstacles. He also can't fall from blocks: if he touches death zone, he will instantly dq and lose.
- Uke's feet are glued to the ground, but he can move torso and arms. When the player is near enough, Uke's hands grab and with some random predefined movements he tries to grab the player. Uke will be in a place where the player can't avoid him easily (on a bridge or a thigh passage for example).
- Once Uke grabbed the player his movements' path will change and will randomly move mainly elbows, pecs and shoulders.
- The player has to DM Uke in order to finish the level, this will be the only way to run away from Uke. He can also DM himself to escape from Uke's grab.
- Once the player defeats Uke, he can reach the end and unock the next level.

To give some variety there could be mods where Uke doesn't grab, but his hands are instagib or he uses some kind of weapon, so the player has to avoid him in a certain way.

There are many ways to change the path that the player has to follow, for example minefields or high jumps.

I know this will require quite a bit of work, mainly for mod creation and Uke's movements, but this is just something that i came up with to mix parkour and PvP. Fights with Uke could be more interesting since his feet are glued to the ground and he can't fall like an idiot. Also you have to parkour after a fight, this means that you'll miss some body parts, or an Uke's arm is still grabbing you. This could be something interesting and new.

But, again, i don't know how much of what i've just written could be effectively possible.

What do you think about it?
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
Uhm probably there is a way to use Uke to simulate a fight, but i don't if it will effectively work, it's just a theory. Anyways this is what i was thinking about.

The player starts from a point A and has to reach a point B. In between there is Uke.

The system has different levels, once you complete one, you unlock the next one. Each level has a different mod, with different difficoulty, for example: you have less DM threshold / it's more difficoult to DM Uke / there are less frames to complete the level / there are more obstacles.

General mod layout:

Click to open a bad drawing

- Player runs towards Uke avoiding obstacles. He also can't fall from blocks: if he touches death zone, he will instantly dq and lose.
- Uke's feet are glued to the ground, but he can move torso and arms. When the player is near enough, Uke's hands grab and with some random predefined movements he tries to grab the player. Uke will be in a place where the player can't avoid him easily (on a bridge or a thigh passage for example).
- Once Uke grabbed the player his movements' path will change and will randomly move mainly elbows, pecs and shoulders.
- The player has to DM Uke in order to finish the level, this will be the only way to run away from Uke. He can also DM himself to escape from Uke's grab.

To give some variety there could be mods where Uke doesn't grab, but his hands are instagib or he uses some kind of weapon, so the player has to avoid him in a certain way.

There are many ways to change the path that the player has to follow, for example minefields or high jumps.

I know this will require quite a bit of work, mainly for mod creation and Uke's movements, but this is just something that i came up with to mix parkour and PvP. Fights with Uke could be more interesting since his feet are glued to the ground and he can't fall like an idiot. Also you have to parkour after a fight, this means that you'll miss some body parts, or an Uke's arm is still grabbing you. This could be something interesting and new.

But, again, i don't know how much of what i've just written could be effectively possible.

What do you think about it?

I haven't read everything you said so I may have missed something.

I feel like the user shouldn't be the one having to move. Like in some mods obstacles move themselves (e.g. laser survival mods)? I feel like that's what should happen here otherwise new players who can't control runs as well won't be able to complete the levels. But I am not too sure on how the game will know to stop because you are about to fight Uke.

This part sounds alright. Limiting the player's options of whether they have to fight him or not is a good idea.

Sounds alright too, though I would also say move wrists and glutes to make it a bit harder for the runner.

This part sounds alright. Everything sounds good, a time limit might be something to consider to. So the runner has like...750 frames to complete the level.
Contact Kradel if you need me.
Originally Posted by jyrii View Post
I feel like the user shouldn't be the one having to move. Like in some mods obstacles move themselves (e.g. laser survival mods)? I feel like that's what should happen here otherwise new players who can't control runs as well won't be able to complete the levels. But I am not too sure on how the game will know to stop because you are about to fight Uke.

Uhm, in nearly all parkours you have to run through the mod, jump and climb. I think moving obstacles like lasers would complicate things a lot. Also i thought this for players that have already some experience with Toribash, i'd like it to be a challenge, not a tutorial for new players.

Sounds alright too, though I would also say move wrists and glutes to make it a bit harder for the runner.

Yes, wrists could be added too, but i'm worried that if he moves too many things randomly he would just mess up. I don't know about glutes, his feet are still glued to the ground, they won't change much i guess.

This part sounds alright. Everything sounds good, a time limit might be something to consider to. So the runner has like...750 frames to complete the level.

Yes, I mentioned briefly that to increase the difficoulty of last levels there could be less frames. 750 aren't many frames, the number should change from level to level, depends on lenght and difficoulty.

I'm going to create a new thread about this.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Aug 16, 2015 at 05:30 PM.
im liking this career thing i did a thread on this too a while back.
like parkour quests like sir said from x to y.

another suggestion would be like in various mods, throw ball through ring or to point
Quplays
Quack's Club
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pm me for help or if you have any questions.