Toribash
Original Post
New and Used Items and Solution to Toribash TC inflation
Dear Toribash development team, I hope you come across this and consider my suggestion. If someone wants to get straight to the point, please, scroll down to the "SUGGESTIONS" section.
ANALYSIS
I got acquainted to the market system and to the macro level of flow of TC within the game and noticed that on a macro level, the Main TC flows from within the tournaments and the small +10tc (+booster) earnings, which are then flowing around.
The non-game price for TC is around 10k per USD$1. For $100 one may get 1mill.
The Ingame official TC sale (which actually flows money into the game) is around 1k per USD$1 up to 2,5k per USD$1.
The result is that the users who are actually willing to buy TC with real money, end up spending the money on players who have gathered those crumbs of tournaments and small ingame earnings of many players into millions (through market transactions).
There are two reasons for this.
The first reason is the exchange rate, which is, on small scale, presenting a 10-fold difference, and on a grand-scale ($100) - a 4-fold difference.
The second reason is that people like buying items from the market as there is no difference between an item pre-owned by a billion users and one bought straight from the shop. I have been in game, active in markets for a month now and the shop seems like a museum, or a reference sheet or a shop window. There is no special Deserved enjoyment that a user might get from choosing to buy the item straight from the shop, thus, either beneficially hindering hyperinflation ingame (as, I bet, was planned by the game developers) or by spending more money and creating the need of purchasing more.

SUGGESTIONS

1) Acknowledge the inflation that occured in Toribash economy due to the constant tournament 500 and 750TC giveaways and ingame earnings and change the exchange rate to one, which competes with the market price (can be still worse than market price due to the moral and other non-monetary gains of buying straight from Toribash)

2) Secondly, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, Implement the concept of NEW and USED items. An item that has not yet been equipped or "Activated" ever, has a branding (NEW) next to its name in the inventory and in the market (if it is for sale in the market). Thus, the person will feel a great difference between the item being called NEW and USED.
*The shop will have NEW branded next to the item’s name.
*The user will have NEW branded next to the item’s name if he is the first one to activate the item. And as long as the item stays in his inventory, it will be branded as NEW.
*If the item has been previously activated in someone’s inventory, it will show as USED in any other inventory.
RESULT
More money inflow to the game and Deflation at last! I can put my reputation on stake and to state that I guarantee that the revenues of the game will increase and there will be a substantial decrease in the toricredits flow in the game, resulting in Toricredits regaining their original value.

P.S. ALL THE USERS IN TORIBASH ARE GOING TO BE AGAINST THIS. THIS IS BENEFITIAL FOR THE DEVELOPERS AND THE MACROECONOMY OF TORIBASH. THE USERS CANNOT OVERSEE THEIR EGOISTIC BENEFIT AND SEE THE GREATER GOOD.
Games need to sink currency while new currency is generated. This usually applies to games that allow trading between members. Games that don't allow trading between members don't allow trading between members don't have to deal with this problem, since without trading an economy doesn't exist.
Toribash allows many tc sinks, such as the bounty system, no qi transfers, name changes, account customization, and the betting system.

As for new/old items, that's pretty useless. People will pay for prettier items rather then it being new or old. Void > Hunter so people will pay more for Hunter.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With this thread, the analysis got a little adapted as well. Therefore, I would like to hear opinions about an item having a cap of the max number of previous owners. For instance, the item to "break" or to wear out after it has had 5 owners.
So an item gets deleted from the game after it has been Activated by a certain amount of players. Varries with price.
Ideas?
"Weird T-posed ragdolls tear each other to pieces in moon gravity"... Tonakai
This would just cause confusion, I mean, it was a good idea.. but it won't work. Maybe think of something a little more useful? If you don't have the support of people, no need to keep arguing the fact that it will be useful. You need the support of the Toribash community, if you don't why would they change it all because you said it would be a good change for the community?
Originally Posted by Gmbrdile View Post
With this thread, the analysis got a little adapted as well. Therefore, I would like to hear opinions about an item having a cap of the max number of previous owners. For instance, the item to "break" or to wear out after it has had 5 owners.
So an item gets deleted from the game after it has been Activated by a certain amount of players. Varries with price.
Ideas?

So, you want to say that after the 5th player sends his item to another player, the item simply dissapears?
Wouldn't that end up in loads of even more horrible scams than there are now?
(Not to mention that people would be simply discouraged to trade at all... which is what you want to do... whatever...)
Either way, I think that this is completely useless, since it would greatly complicate the process of obtaining items without giving any obvious benefits.
The system is good as it is.
art board mods: if they dont understand it its not cnc
^
Adding to that, the item could have a little index on the upper right corner of the icon, stating how many activations are left. No possible scams there. If it's 0, it can't be traded.
Yupp, no scams are possible, as the level of its worn-outness will be displayed.
This will help to keep a healthy circulation of items, and will keep the purchases from the actual shop constantly high, which is benefitial for the Toribash developer team and will enable them to develop the game with the extra funds.
"Weird T-posed ragdolls tear each other to pieces in moon gravity"... Tonakai
So let's say if item have one use left you can't transfer it anymore. No need to delete items.

Or rater radical solution that you can't transfer items, in other words no free market, but unlimited restock and ability to transfer tc to keep art/textures market active.
Reasonable enough imo.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
The problem, or if it now is a problem is the same which is present in the U.S., more money is printed than what is accumulated on the market and as such we have a steady inflation. If, if more members where present, and lets say we get twice as many new members each day we would most probably see the opposite.

Thou', I myself dont see whats wrong with a steady inflation at such a low level. It drives up the worth of items (in TC) and hence it favors those who have been around for a while and invested in items, which considering the amount of pure on the market, brought Nabi profit. Win-win situation, no?
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!
If the textures will be different between new and used items..

I don't care. Cheaper, better.

MineCraft Aether!!!
(20:12:19)<ViperTech>hampa_: what do you think about a "no support/not allowed" rule for external tc sales (anything beyond the tc sales of the shop)?
(20:13:12)<ViperTech>sure we cannot stop external tc sales but it would keep some guys away from doing it = less frauds, less time consumpting, less support etc.
(20:26:00)<hampa_>I'm for that
(20:27:32)<ViperTech>if they wanna spend money they can use the shop. maybe reworking the exchange rate at the shop a little to make it more interesting to buy tc there may help too

External TC buy/sell isn't at least no longer supported. Too much shit was running around that.
The exchange rate is another thing. I'm also for lowering the shop exchange rate (TC buy) to nearly the actual used one by members but there wasn't any further conversations about that yet.

The other parts (items with "new" sign etc.) simply wont change anything. As Skul said, if users wanna buy an item they don't give a shit if there's a "new"-logo on it or not, ingame there wont be a difference.
Check my Soundcloud ;)