ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Kyuri View Post
my god this is amazing

I was wondering what the name of that song was. Some youtubers have it as an outro. or something of the sort. It's a really chipper silly song. I like it too.

Here's something for ya fellas to listen to if you fancy.

The Weepies - Little Bird

Originally Posted by SruX View Post
i liked that it was really catchy

here is one of my favorites

Okay song, but literally one of the worst songs on it's album "fight with tools" and it lacked a message that usual flobots songs carry.

You opened the SpaghettiO's, now you gotta sniff them.
Iiiii can't watch that video, and I can't find it on soundcloud or anything :c aaaaaaaaaa pidge what do I do

I just love this performance of the song. Bream breathes a lot of life into the piece, and plays it magnificently. Quite unlike his performance of a lot of Villa-Lobos pieces, which really busts my balls :<

On the same note, Skylar, if you're any good of a musician every single song you play (be it your composition or not) should be original in the sense that it's your individual interpretation. If you can't handle making a song your own then you shouldn't bother being a musician.
@pouffy Very nice. I really like the classical guitar as an instrument, but rarely like the performers.

@drone Nice melody lines. Seems to go on forever. Rarely a fan of alt-rock otherwise, someone here posted Emily Haines which I really liked but that's the extent of it.

I really like this guy, he really gets the swells right.
Hello, everyone. How's it going?

I'm just wondering:

Is there anything you would like changed?

Is there anything you guys are concerned with in MLO?
Thanks for setting me up for the next hour Lazors I'm only a few minutes in atm but it's pretty fantastic.

Also, I totally agree, it can be a huge bitch trying to find decent interpretations AND good recordings of the classical guitar. Usually you have to settle for one of the other (although I usually deign more towards good interpretations over good sound quality). THIS CHANNEL HOWEVER HAS BOTH! https://www.youtube.com/user/SiccasGuitars

Honestly I'm having a lot of trouble right now remembering good players, but I'll try to throw out a couple of names.

Ana Vidovic might be one of the most technically skilled players around at the moment that doesn't sound like a robot. I absolutely love her older interpretations of Asturias. In newer performances (past year and a half-3 ish years?), she's played the song a bit slower than usual, and while that's still good, imo the older performances/recordings fit the song better, so try to find those.

Marcin Dylla is such a beautiful player. He practically makes love to the instrument, and if you see a video of him playing you can just tell how much he loves it. His interpretations are mostly straight forward, but very finely tuned and very enjoyable to listen to.

Andre Segovia is the well known giant of the 1900s. His interpretations are absolutely legendary, and you shouldn't have any trouble finding good examples of that, although we are talking the 40s-60s here so the recording quality will be low. And a forewarning... stay away from most of his recordings from the 80s and 70s. He really degraded as a player in his later years before his death, and it's almost depressing seeing such a great player humbled so much.

John Williams is almost without a doubt the most technically gifted player of this century and the last. The only drawback is that, as some might (very harshly) say, he could be replaced by a midi player. His playing is so mechanical, and you can be hard pressed to find any emotion invoking music of his. That regardless, it's still a pleasure to listen to his playing. It's absolutely outstanding.

Julian Bream is the guitarist in the last video I showed you. He's often regarded as one of the most creative players of our time, and he very often brings very fresh and enjoyable interpretations to the table, even for very common and "well played" pieces. For example:

That mostly covers all my big favourites, and I'm running out of names so I'll just list a few other notable players:

Pepe Romero
Sharon Isbin
Christopher Parkening

If you've done a bit of research into the classical guitar and the people who chase the art of expressing through it, you've almost surely heard of all if not most of those players. Here's hoping that this post wasn't useless xD

@Galaxy The only downfall to this org is that it isn't active enough :c More posting around here would be absolutely euphoric. Other than that, I guess you/we could try planning something to get everyone involved with the org and with each other. Everything is usually "same old, same old" here. That doesn't really bother me, but hey just throwing it out here.
so massive attack released an ep recently and i didnt even notice. ive listened to it once and i like it, nothing transcendental but its good (at least i like it more than their last few releases, take that as you wish)

Last edited by pusga; Feb 19, 2016 at 06:04 PM.
oh yeah
Name:Peter
GMT:GMT-5
Favorite genre of music:Rap/Trap/Chill
Least favorite genre of music:Country
Favorite music artist:Bones and Kanye West
Least favorite music artist:Migos
Favorite music sharing website:Soundcloud
One example of your favorite music:$uicideboy$ - LOWKEY