Ranking
Original Post
Incentive to fight like a man
So If you have played Wushu you might have fought against runners which sucks. I thought that if you were rewarded for winning with a bigger difference in points than your opponents points then runners would want to get points and not run. I thought you could make it so that you get more tc/qi the more points you with and a higher rank increase or decrease. Also we could have a new stat
called 'average point win difference' and 'average points loss difference.;
If I understand what you are trying to explain then this would also be a great way to farm a lot of TC and QI. If that's the case,

Not supported
Originally Posted by Hamadawana View Post
So If you have played Wushu you might have fought against runners which sucks. I thought that if you were rewarded for winning with a bigger difference in points than your opponents points then runners would want to get points and not run. I thought you could make it so that you get more tc/qi the more points you with and a higher rank increase or decrease. Also we could have a new stat
called 'average point win difference' and 'average points loss difference.;

play boxshu if you h8 runners, thats why i play it honestly. but I think there would be no way for a computer to know who is running and who isnt, plus this would just confuse gameplay

not supported
(Origin)
Hmmm, this is actually an interesting point. Maybe not for tc, but it might be applicable for qi. If it does, it would have to be implemented in only a selected mods. It's hard to see it come through.

What I'd rather see is a health bar. It'll solve the same problems IMO without the implications required here.
Your messed up world enthrills me
When will wushu players actually grow a spine and stop whining about runners?
If you want to "play like men" - play with those who don't run. Otherwise, there is boxshu and other variations of wushu that restrict players from running.

Implementing a qi boost for specific mods is useless and ineffective: if it's determined by point difference we'll end up with people damaging each other as hard as they can just to farm qi (because hey, they will be getting more for "not running").
Obviously it would only be in public servers. This point is interesting but farming would be a problem, instead what could happen is that if a runner goes to far away from you then points will be taken off from them or something based off that.
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
When will wushu players actually grow a spine and stop whining about runners?
If you want to "play like men" - play with those who don't run. Otherwise, there is boxshu and other variations of wushu that restrict players from running.

Implementing a qi boost for specific mods is useless and ineffective: if it's determined by point difference we'll end up with people damaging each other as hard as they can just to farm qi (because hey, they will be getting more for "not running").

Can you not insult all wushu players due to one guy's suggestion.

Also, suggestion seems pretty easy to abuse, if you dont like the running, try to get a public boxshu servver (if there isnt one).
Can you not insult all wushu players due to one guy's suggestion.

That is not an insult unless you are one of these guys who raise this question monthly.

There is nothing to do about running unless you make a mod that restricts players from doing that. Moreover, there's nothing we would want to do about running in one specific type of mods because they are designed to allow that. This suggestion is the same as "let's ban all shovelers in aikido", "let's kick judo noobclappers from servers" or anything that goes to using specific moves in the game. Learn to counter them (in wushu case - learn to catch the runner or don't give him a chance to run) or don't play against those who play the way you don't want to.
I think a decent way to solve the problem would be to try boxshu.tbm as a replacement for one of the 2 public wushu rooms
I agree with the fact that there is nothing to be done about runners. I am a wushu player myself, and it really isn't the end of the world if you encounter a runner. If you are the better player, then you should be getting more points during exchanges. Running won't be a problem. If you aren't as good as the other, then you don't deserve the win regardless.

Let's just leave ruining alone. As sir said, this is the same as shoveling in aikido. You can't ban a plethora of people because they are using an effective strategy.
[Team Wushu]
Pm me any questions! I will be happy to help.