Toribash
Awesome tutorial.
Shoveling is definitely the introductory effective move for newbies out there and I do admit I still use it. Recently I tried to shovel some 5th dan blackbelt in an aikido match and as I thought he was going down, he launched upwards and threw me down.
I can say now that I'm terribly frightened of using the shovel technique.
I have a Rocket Launcher, your argument is invalid.
Originally Posted by T0ribush View Post
Also shovelers should lose the attitude when they win it's really nothing to be proud of. I can kick a guy in the nuts
and win, but that's is nothing to be proud of. Being proud after getting punched in the face makes more sense.

WINNNN.
Some guy call me shoveler, then i realized what the shoveling means. But i think im not shoveler, cuz i never lower shoulders in start. So am i shoveler?
Do you know, how to do nothing and still think you're helping?
A few things i learned about countering the unexpected shovel.

Shovels take shoulders. Hit them hard in the shoulder(s) and you might get a crucial fracture or dismemberment that will keep them from getting you into the air easily.

There is a lot of momentum at the top of the lift in a clean shovel (usually turn 2). It is possible to swing with it to drag them out, flip the both of you, or maneuver them to dq before you when they bring you down.

Move in the air. I have had countless matches in witch I was shoveled and managed to get a firm foot back on the ground and inside the ring. It gives you another opportunity to get in control.

Kick. Shovelers leave lots of joints undefended when they lift. Scrape your feet along their torso and armpits for potential fractures and dismemberments.

Stay close. Don't spread yourself out or away from the shoveler unless you know you can ball yourself up again. Staying close to them, albeit at the end of their arms, keeps you in the ring more often. sticking your legs out only gives them something to DQ.

Grab them to limit their mobility. It is not easy to shovel with one leg. Grabbing a hip can be a great asset in the dojo.

Hope this helps.
Shop (Óc¸Ó ) PM me if you want to buy TC
i'm something between The Challenging and The Wiseman, but not a Metamorphed. i start the same way always. i contract pecs, abs, glutes and hips, in the first turn, and then in the second i react to the movements of the other player. i'm a fan of (after using the same starting technique) moving my arms to grab the chest and balls of the other player, by extending the pecs, rising the arms, and turning grabby hands on. after that, it's easy. i either push him out, or spin arround and do a suplex. either way i usualy win, unless i loose a hand, if that happens, i'm dead X_X
[RAID] | [T3AL] | [FLG]
I won't be active in-forums or in-game until 4.0 comes out.
For countering, you have to make sure that the shoveller does not grab your pecs. I've found that if they do, fighting it is so much harder.
beep
Oh i HATE shovelers!
my tip. get their feet off the ground before the third frame.
*Meanwhile Below*