ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL]ErthTk
Yes, here it is.
A variant of Taekkyon i've been testing that just adapts a few settings and i've done some tourneys and OoT servers with it.
Rules are:
gravity: -15.00
matchframes: 150
turnframes: 10
Circle dojo
dojo size: 230
engagedistance: 180
dismemberthreshold: 120
Self damage: On
There is no dq inside the dojo at all.

Here is is in action:

So yeah, the feedback has been pretty positive so far after excessive testing.

An explanation of the rules:
The higher dm threshold is to avoid the hand breaks at the start, and also to make sure that your hits have some kind of substance.
The dojo is to avoid annoying dq's and also to stop runners.
The longer match frames are to encourage more comebacks.
The self damage has made it possible to smash bits together, which is surprisingly frequent (today i got about 5 chances).
The higher gravity is just because it's cool, i much preferred a bit more grav when playing today.

So yeah, hope you like it, feedback would be much appreciated.
Attached Files
erthtk.tbm (206 Bytes, 35 views)
Last edited by Erth; Jan 12, 2012 at 01:20 AM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
Played tourney and hotseat with this mod. Pretty good, these little settings changing gameplay a bit. In taekkyon i usually have no chances, but there i even won someone :P
meow
I was a bit skeptical about raising the gravity at first until i realized
that so you're forced to go impro during the first frames, everything else is fine.

Good job
Long gone
Improved V2 here.
Attached Files
ErthTkV2.tbm (206 Bytes, 5 views)
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
It's more that i done goof when i uploading the mod, i uploaded the old one.
This one has:
gravity: -15.00
matchframes: 150
turnframes: 10
Circle dojo
dojo size: 250
engagedistance: 180
dismemberthreshold: 120
Self damage: On
There is no dq inside the dojo at all.

The old one had dq on and a lower dm threshold with no self damage on
She/They