Ranking
Originally Posted by shook

Frequently asked questions:

Q: What program/language are you using to make this?
A: Game Maker 8.

Q: How long did this take you?
A: Development began at June 22nd (i think), and has been going on and off till this day.

Q: When will you be finished?
A: When it's done. :U

Q: Any cheats? :3
A: Not right now, but there will be if possible. :o

Q: The game is really hard/easy. Is there a difficulty option?
A: Not yet, but there will be. What you're currently playing is Normal difficulty, but without the shop, which essentially makes it harder.

Hey, shook im advanced im gml if you need some help I could help.
tho the side scroller games get boring maybe add free movment?

hmmm shook you used the timeline?
also the health display is boring draw sprites of the ship getting damage for the health and then
if obj_spaceship.hp=100
{image_index=0}
if obj_spaceshiphp<100
{image_index=1}
and so onn

also you need to amke a obj for the hp object because the bar is quite boring.
Last edited by pigking45; Jul 9, 2010 at 01:35 PM.
[Pigs]|TA|AM|
Originally Posted by pigking45 View Post
Hey, shook im advanced im gml if you need some help I could help.
tho the side scroller games get boring maybe add free movment? If you mean going up and down, that's in the game.

hmmm shook you used the timeline? Yeah, he does
also the health display is boring draw sprites of the ship getting damage for the health and then
if obj_spaceship.hp==100
{image_index=0}
else
if obj_spaceshiphp<=100
{image_index=1}
and so onn

also you need to amke a obj for the hp object because the bar is quite boring. I think it's fine, it shows the health and it doesn't distract you from the gameplay.

I broke down this post, my thinkings are in bold.

I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just adding my comments :](also kind of answering questions because shook is on vacation etc and I'm sort of his beta tester
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
Chartle
else is not needed in the sequence
if you put else for everything then it won't look back imediatly
especially if you want it to change every 20 hp
also if you want to see what i can do chartle
pm me and ill give you a link to my current game
on (yoyogames)
[Pigs]|TA|AM|
It's kinda like Galaga, looks really classic. Thumbs up.<Sorry that looks weird.
I am a terrible person :(
Originally Posted by pigking45 View Post
Chartle
else is not needed in the sequence
if you put else for everything then it won't look back imediatly
especially if you want it to change every 20 hp
also if you want to see what i can do chartle
pm me and ill give you a link to my current game
on (yoyogames)

Else is needed, because if you're used to making stuff like that, you put the script in the end step event, so that the script gets checked EVERY STEP (that's 30 times PER SECOND), and you need else because without it it WILL have bugs.

Also, hey look, a GML wiki page about else: http://gamemaker.wikicomplete.info/gml:else

Oh boy, it uses else in the exact same script, with health and everything!

:O
[o]|ORMO|Replay thread!
Last edited by Chartle; Tomorrow at 13:37 AM..
You, sir, are a genius.

I am downloading it right now, +rep.
I'm back and stuff, it's probably temporary.
Shook, I just had a brainstorm. In other games like this, usualy like items/powerups fall from the sky and you have to collect it. Whynot have one special enemy ship and if you destroy you get a powerup.

Powerups such as: 2 Weapons, Health, momentary invinsibility, armor, 3 weapons, etc....
fl0w. Logo Designer, PM me.
Sorry 'bout not having time to address you all, but i just had to write this down. WarMedic, you're actually pretty close to the "powerup" system i've envisioned during this vacation. What i'm thinking is this: Instead of collecting ammo for individual special weapons, you collect "supercharges", which, when used, will fire off a massively powerful version of your current weapon. For instance, if you had a beam weapon, the supercharge would make it fire a HUGE beam that does crazy damage to everything in a line. Other powerups like those you mentioned aren't guaranteed to be included, as many of them can be bought in the shop. Things like double/triple shot, shields and maybe regeneration will be available for a price, though these will obviously be very expensive.
As for the getting of supercharges, they can either be dropped randomly, or from randomly selected foes that will be supercharged themselves. Supercharged enemies would be really tough and dangerous, but the reward of killing them is well worth it, namely a supercharge plus a fuckload of points, cash and XP.

That's all for now. I'm still in Spain so i can't really do anything, even if i wanted to. :U
<Blam|Homework> oiubt veubg
various places to find me lol