Ranking
Im looking to get into ORMO. please excuse my app, im not great at making them. anyways, here are my three replays. Really hoping to get in, or at least receive some cnc to improve. I've been wanting to apply to you guys for a long time but never had the skill.
These are my three newest replays.
Attached Files
Last edited by Fallen; Dec 29, 2017 at 06:31 PM.
Originally Posted by Heat View Post
Tbh I just want Cnc on my replays and I know you guys are rough so it's cool that's what I need. See this as an app if u want

There is a thread for that my man in the sub forums
Going to make an app because I weirdly don't have one yet. (why does this look like a clan app)

My name is KillerBotX but I prefer nobody knows my actual name.
I live in England, Hounslow (the depressing part of england :P)

I would like to be in ORMO because I want to express my creativity and replays with other replay makers in an organisation and also help others with their replays and answer their questions. Also because this is a group that is officially a replay making group (im lonely).

I honestly think that I'm good at replay making but I want you guys to know if I'm good or not. I'm also pretty active now on Toribash and make a lot of replays in sb (hence why my belt is brown).

Here are some of my replays if you want...
Attached Files
where did all the blood go.rpl (527.1 KB, 14 views)
jam with the jelly jam jimmy.rpl (302.4 KB, 14 views)
triple chiddy bang boom.rpl (300.0 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by Nausea; Dec 29, 2017 at 12:45 PM. Reason: wait why is this like a clan app wtf
static | toad (ormo) max | haku
Originally Posted by KillerBotX View Post
uh, I got accepted a WHILE ago.

i am greatly confused now
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
PROBABILITY OF SUCCESS: 0.001%
WARNING: DEPRESSION IMMINENT
Attached Files
scientific.rpl (366.5 KB, 10 views)
Rule.rpl (280.5 KB, 7 views)
Giving up V2.rpl (334.0 KB, 4 views)
suck my dicknballs

Killerbotx: In the first two replays the manips are an effort only to keep uke in the air, completely sacrificing how your tori looks while doing so, lots of small pushes and tweaking whenever possible, all of which is caused by poor setups and stances. While you're pushing uke you also need to consider how your limbs are positioned, and edit so that they land on the ground in a good position to push off and continue your movement. While manipulating uke you should also plan ahead and get into good landing positions to push off the ground in uke's direction. In your replays you just pushed off the ground with whatever limb was closest to it and pushed uke spasmodically whenever you got close to him.

The third replay is technically somewhat impressive but too unremarkable to make up for the first two. My vote is no.

I'll comment on Ash4136 later today
-----
Ash4136: The first replay is fine until you get the grab, your movement in the opener is very cool, but after that it becomes a rush to get dms in the fastest way possible. Jumping up while grabbing the part you want to dm is generally a bad idea because you're stuck in midair with nothing to do but swing your limbs around to kick whatever you're grabbing, limiting your options. Plus afterwards you have to wait to land on the ground to do anything else.

My opinion of the second replay is similar, you move around well before you get the grab (ignoring that the opener is more or less the same as the first replay's), after that the hits are more or less what I expected, the dms are impressive but doing 3 consecutive hits in the same manner (grab -> swing around and kick what you grabbed) is tiring.

The third replay doesn't have so many of those hits, which works to its advantage, most of the replay is the opener and transitions between the hits, which are pretty cool. The skeet at the end is inconsequential, just makes me think you were dissatisfied with the replay and tried to add something to make it more interesting.

I like how you move around, it's not perfect but with practice can easily become awesome, I just think the replays you posted in general become worse once you start hitting uke, and especially grabbing. I suggest you try to make a replay without using grab entirely, or force yourself to do different hits instead of the easy grab and swingaround kick. For now I vote no, but do come back again.
Last edited by pusga; Dec 29, 2017 at 06:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
oh yeah
Sorry I didn't even notice, thanks for pointing out

Laundry is really great, your limbs all move accurately and with few tweaks, your movement looks very solid because of that. Maybe its because Ive always suffered from shoulder spasm syndrome but I am always particularly impressed when someone can do precise movements with their arms without tweaking their shoulders a lot.

Same for the second replay, this time there's lots of tweaking but you move very fast and keep your speed so the tweaks are concealed. Sweet opener and good hits to finish off, good replay as well.

The third replay is not as strong, your movement isn't the focus like it was in the first two replays. That said, the movement there was is still really nice. The hits are alright, in your defence it is not easy to get hits in -30 after Uke starts falling, you're forced to grab him to make him stay in the air and do other things that impede and condition your great movement. Definitely the least impressive replay, but more due to the circumstances. I don't think it overshadows the first two replays, I still vote yes.

If you really want advice, the only thing that comes to mind right now is, since the bread and butter of your replays is by far the movement, maybe practice ways to do hits so that they don't block your movement. For example while kicking a bodypart, ghosting through it completely as a knife through butter, or scraping it, rather than a "meaty" kick, would be a good option because it would allow you to keep spinning or moving around. This is only a thought of mine though, maybe you're capable of recovering your movement quickly after hits very well already. In general you want to look at what you have trouble with and try to figure out how to make it coexist with your style and strengths (or just stick with what you're good at and do little else, but that makes the game boring fast :p).
Last edited by pusga; Dec 29, 2017 at 07:14 PM.
oh yeah