ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Friends, Followers and Nemesis
So... Kolkonut here with a toribash suggestion!

The Problem
I was playing the other day and me some cool people... I really enjoyed playing with them but there was practically no way for me to easily see if they are online, and which servers they were playing on.

The Solution
1. Better Steam integration-Simple enough... Steam friends will automatically become toribash friends.

2. Social System- A Social tab will be available on the first menu screen thing. From here, you add, remove and message people. You can say what they are playing, join them etc.
Followers will be able to do the same, however they can not message you or send trading requests .
Nemesis are basically rivals, a special VS counter will be kept between you and each one of your Nemesis. Otherwise, they are the same as friends.

Thanks for reading!
The suggestion is welcome to change, please reply !
Last edited by Kolkonut; Mar 25, 2015 at 09:25 AM.
Why not just use the Steam friends list to see if they're playing?
iirc, you can even group friends in Steam, so even if you have a billion it should be manageable.
PM me with any and all questions
There is that "add buddy" thingy when you right click their name in game.

(Btw, What does that even do? .-.)

Back to this, not everyone has steam and is able to get it due to problems with their computer. Like me, it doesn't download games for me. It never will. Regardless of paying or free. Already tried with Toribash. So just downloaded the original game from Website.

I support this. I kind of want this, instead of just searching the forums to see if they're on there. Or scavenging the lobbies.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
There is that "add buddy" thingy when you right click their name in game.

(Btw, What does that even do? .-.)

Back to this, not everyone has steam and is able to get it due to problems with their computer. Like me, it doesn't download games for me. It never will. Regardless of paying or free. Already tried with Toribash. So just downloaded the original game from Website.

I support this. I kind of want this, instead of just searching the forums to see if they're on there. Or scavenging the lobbies.

The add buddy thing will add someone to your steam friends list.
And. /sa is a really nifty command for finding friends.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Valterain1 I appreciate your response.
The thing is, practically no one knows the comments. A simple button based interface would make it much easier for newbies like me to add and make friends. And as WeooWeoo said, not everyone has steam. In fact, the vast majority of toribashers (in my experience) are not on steam.
Again,just my opinion.
I don't really find it hard to find players in game. I know what the people I know play. I know where to find them. It's not hard to keep track of them.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
/rf
/sa <name>

is usually fairly efficient at finding people when theyre on, or the servers when the rooms are working
Except, if you do /ab [Name], you get said person added to your buddies list. Ctrl+B and your buddy tab appears. It allows you to join directly off them, displays how long ago they were on, the server, belt, etc. You don't need Steam to do this either. I play on the most updated version that Toribash.com allows you to download seperately, and using the buddies list is how I keep track of all my friends.

The Nemesis thing is cool, but you play so many players anyways that's it's sort of useless when you can just manually count how many times you or your "Nemesis" Beat one other. :P

Unsupported
|[TA]|[MLO]|Team Pokemon|
Fear sucks eggs
RETRO ALSO LIKES MEN -bands
This problem can be solved by just learning some simple tb commands as stated above
"do it again and i'll insert my giant watermelon dick into your cornhole" ~ Smaguris