ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
"Starts after current game" on public tourneys
I guess we all know the moment when we are playing a match just for fun in a public tourney server, but suddently someone joins or time runs out and tourney starts in the middle of your game.

I think it would be nice and better if the tourney starts after the game that it's being played in that moment. Would give time to fighters to prepare and play a serious game to win.
thats not an option in the case where someone joins when youre in the middle of a games

4 players -> 5 players

this would make the game more enjoyable, if we arent trying to make the game more fun why the fuck are we here and why does suggestions and ideas exist?
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
/spec
/enter
Problem solved.

Originally Posted by SafeHax View Post
/spec is an option. Not needed.

That's what would be better to avoid. Not everyone likes to interrupt a fight that both players are enjoying just because of time. Also specing in the middle of the game it's rude towards your opponent that maybe is winning and deserves that win.
People in here are literally posting that the solution is leaving mid game. That's the problem not the solution.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
Originally Posted by DrHax View Post
People in here are literally posting that the solution is leaving mid game. That's the problem not the solution.

Exactly, why the hell would I elo myself ruining the fun for the other person and myself so I can try to beat the timer. I shouldn't have to TRY I should be able to enter this tourney like you do in every GM tourney ever. If it's in the middle of a game the tourney should auto start next round.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
That's what would be better to avoid. Not everyone likes to interrupt a fight that both players are enjoying just because of time. Also specing in the middle of the game it's rude towards your opponent that maybe is winning and deserves that win.

/spec
/enter
"sorry"
Problem solved.
holy shit you guys
"tourneys aren't for fun"
you play tourneys to have fun AND get tc. if tc isn't a problem for you, join a public server.
anyways, i support this. i don't think we should have to lose elo by spectating and entering just because the start timing isn't lenient, especially because the only tourney i rarely play in is the 5k aikido one
pacquiao
Originally Posted by ImEmpty View Post
/spec
/enter
"sorry"
Problem solved.

Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
thats not an option in the case where someone joins when youre in the middle of a games

4 players -> 5 players

this would make the game more enjoyable, if we arent trying to make the game more fun why the fuck are we here and why does suggestions and ideas exist?

Specrating and entering is not a good solution anyway because even if you arent enjoying it your opponent might be, it takes the fun out of the game and is pretty selfish towards your opponent
Don't dm me pictures of bowls that you find attractive.
I have had this problem many times, and /spec doesn't help when someone
joins, because you don't know if someone will join. Making it nearly
unavoidable. I think this should be a thing in toribash. It's happend to me
where I was losing and right before I hit the ground, someone joined, starting
the tourney, and I instantly lost without a chance to fight. Yes it's just one
tourney but it's very annoying and /spec isn't gunna help.

~Fully Supported
Chances are you are looking at one of my videos in the post above anyway, so here is my youtube channel.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
/spec
/enter
Problem solved.

But then, you're at the bottom of the queue.
-----
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
holy shit you guys
"tourneys aren't for fun"
you play tourneys to have fun AND get tc. if tc isn't a problem for you, join a public server.
anyways, i support this. i don't think we should have to lose elo by spectating and entering just because the start timing isn't lenient, especially because the only tourney i rarely play in is the 5k aikido one

On point. The reasons we play in tourneys are to get TC and have fun. You earn qi faster in public servers because you can streak there, unlike in tourneys where you will get knocked to the bottom when you win. Theoretically, Tourneys = TC, Public = Qi.
Last edited by Seihareach; Jul 23, 2015 at 09:42 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Bringer of Hell
Being at the bottom of the queue dosen't change anything. You'd be at the bottom of the queue if you lost that fight anyway.
Magnificent game