Toribash
Original Post
Trails in Combat
This is probably a stupid idea and a waste of thread, but I was wondering if there could be a mod where leg trails, hand trails, and textured trails did damage or could dismember limbs? This would put a lot of interest in getting trails. Also, particle flames, if touched by the player, could add some "burn effect" that causes damage for a small amount of time. A direct hit by the flaming limb would make the burn longer and more damaging as a result. Just an idea.
-----
Any thoughts on the idea and how it can be improved?
Last edited by Antman777; Dec 16, 2014 at 11:15 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
Additional damage sources such as flames doing damage is obsurb , it would make the game.This would make the game unfair to the party which had the flame or trail
It would help to make the game more realistic, yeah, but it would completely ruin the gameplay. Do you know that it is possible to create a flame that immediately and automatically flies to the opponent? That would be kind of an instant win.

Not supported.
Well it could be as simple as those who dont have flames either not play or get the tc by training and joining tourneys. I know its not perfect though. True it is suited for higher belts, but wouldnt it encourage others to get flames n order to enjoy such a mod?
-----
And anyway, it gives purpose to having flames other than just looking cool.
Last edited by Antman777; Dec 17, 2014 at 12:26 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I am light. I am darkness. I am a rushing waterfall. I am a blazing inferno. I am and I am not. The Power of Nothingness compels me...DENJIN HADOUKEN!
As a person with 5 flames and full trails active I think I'd just dive at the guy and hug them to death.
But seriously though this could be farmed in so many ways it just wouldn't happen + if it was implemented it would encourage people to forge obscene flames covering the whole body that lag to hell which are against the rules to have.

The trails doing damage would be pretty cool for a mod, it would sort of be like Tron.

THE WORM LIVES!
LegGang
Originally Posted by Antman777 View Post
Well it could be as simple as those who dont have flames either not play or get the tc by training and joining tourneys. I know its not perfect though. True it is suited for higher belts, but wouldnt it encourage others to get flames n order to enjoy such a mod?
-----
And anyway, it gives purpose to having flames other than just looking cool.

Alright, first off, its unfair to make people without flames to simply just not play. Second, it's most probable that no one wants a mod where you need to have flames or trails just to play it. Third, a flame's only purpose is to look cool, giving it any other properties would ruin the gameplay.
Heart of Gold
Never ever! If the trails would be so OP, this means textures make your body resistant to kicks, punches etc.

NOT SUPPORTED!!!!!