Toribash
Original Post
Mod Shading
* I am not talking about shaders *

Ok, here is a picture of Toribash on high graphics.

Don't really need to see but you can open.

Now here is a close up on uke.

Close Up Uke

As you can see there is ambient occlusion.

Example:

AO Off:

AO On:

Now take a look at a mod.

Parkour Map

As you can see mods look very plain with no shadows
If AO was on mods they would look like 10x better on high graphics.

What happens when you turn AO off with a mod

you get my point

[3:42:15 PM] Velair: i wanna fuck tyzi[3:42:17 PM] Velair: if its a girl[3:42:19 PM] Velair: possible
Here it goes....
Objects do have shading, but only one color on each side.
Now since a sphere isn't perfect round, it can have one color on each detail. This makes the sphere shaded a lot better than everything else.
To shade cubes/blocks you'll need to add a lot more details wich means that you can actually shade anything if you build it out of more than one object.
The only thing that is getting in our way is limits.. There is a limit of objects you can add in a mod if I'm right.

You can see on the Tori, the same theory has been used.

[~Not supported]
Last edited by Hypersaint; Jun 30, 2015 at 09:14 PM.
Originally Posted by Hypersaint View Post
Here it goes....
Objects do have shading, but only one color on each side.
Now since a sphere isn't perfect round, it can have one color on each detail. This makes the sphere shaded a lot better than everything else.
To shade cubes/blocks you'll need to add a lot more details wich means that you can actually shade anything if you build it out of more than one object.
The only thing that is getting in our way is limits.. There is a limit of objects you can add in a mod if I'm right.

You can see on the Tori, the same theory has been used.

[~Not supported]

So what you're trying to say is the more tiny circles you add=shadows?
So to sum up the suggestion for TL;DR types:

Objects should have hard & soft shadow support like toris.
(shadow type depends on the shader in use)

----

Could have a pretty bad negative performance impact, should have an option to disable it too.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by easysavem8 View Post
So what you're trying to say is the more tiny circles you add=shadows?

No, I mean if you build a cube out of more than one cube, you will get a cube with more than one detail on each side. That allows the cube to have more than one color on each side
If you would do that with super tiny cubes you could get a pretty well shaded
cube.
Originally Posted by Hypersaint View Post
No, I mean if you build a cube out of more than one cube, you will get a cube with more than one detail on each side. That allows the cube to have more than one color on each side
If you would do that with super tiny cubes you could get a pretty well shaded
cube.

That's a workaround to get pretty graphics but honestly I would much prefer it to be built in because as it is people run into the 128 block limit without this, and it would be really painful if you want to stack lots of tiny blocks on top of one another

Yeah it would murder most computers but as Skul said it's a no-brainer to implement it as an option and not something you have to deal with if you want to play mods

Supported, would make environment mods look better for things such as videomaking
I do some videos
Feel free to PM me for any video-related questions
Yes, it would definately murder a lot of computers, but I Don't think this is worth to actually bring up.

I'm okey with how it is atm.

The only thing that really can be made is objects casting shadows over other objects.