Toribash
Original Post
Bet cancel/increase
So, here I was, betting in a tourney, when my friend bets on a match and no one counters. He loses his bet, which reminds me how on a betting server an op would cancel all bets if there is no counter. This gave me the idea; well, the server should auto cancel all bets after the frame limit, if there's no counters! So here I am...what do you guys think of this idea?
Last edited by Lazors; Jul 6, 2014 at 04:52 PM.
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
I brought this idea up ages ago but nobody checked it out, other than marcus if I recall correctly. I think it's a good idea does no harm to anyone and saves us some tc.

Support from me anyway.

---------
Just to add on in servers with busy ops or afk ops, this may happen, this can do the canceling of bets for them without them having to type in the command every time.
Last edited by Leifang; Apr 10, 2013 at 03:43 AM.
...I don't know how to sell stuff :/
Exactly! This shouldn't be very complicated. Though I just saw in a different thread, someone said draw bets go to staff members, maybe this does too?
We need to strengthen our roots and bloom the inner flowers that represent our minds. We are not beasts. Not savages, but men.- PeaceKeeper62
Though the /bet command works in every server, I suggest not betting in any server other than those created for the sole purpose of betting. If you are going to bet in other rooms like that, then expect to get no counters the possibilty of not getting your tc back.
Originally Posted by KingRa7en View Post
Exactly! This shouldn't be very complicated. Though I just saw in a different thread, someone said draw bets go to staff members, maybe this does too?

No, the TC lost in a draw is just sunk.
Hattersin wants that.
Originally Posted by Shmevin View Post
Though the /bet command works in every server, I suggest not betting in any server other than those created for the sole purpose of betting. If you are going to bet in other rooms like that, then expect to get no counters the possibilty of not getting your tc back.

Yes it's true that this command works perfectly well but even in servers that are made for betting, the op may not type it in time, be afk, or not even know how to do it (in some cases).
It just makes it easier for both players and those who own the betting servers to prevent them losing tc needlessly.
Canceling bets for a draw is not a necessary, the owners of betting servers can do whatever they want, even if that means extending the bet frames to bet on someone who is about to win and reset them back.
Hattersin wants that.
Yes it's not necessary but neither is betting in the first place. The owners can do whatever they want, but what if it is wanting to cancel bets but not knowing how to? Maybe they would prefer for the canceling to be done for them rather then having to type it when they least expect it or having multiple people complain to them about it when they don't do it in time. Maybe they can't do it fast enough due to the next match starting immediately from a glitch and they lose their own tc this way.
I get what you are saying, there is no need to risk tc if there is no tc to be gained. However, when confronted with this suggestion I believe most staff members see it as this:

Bet on Person A > Multiple counters on Person B > Person A wins > Win my bet
Bet on Person A > Multiple counters on Person B > Person B wins > Lost my bet
Bet on Person A > No counters on Person B > Person A wins > Win my bet
Bet on Person A > No counters on Person B > Person B wins > Lost my bet

Either way, counters or no counters, whoever you bet on either wins or loses. If you made a correct bet, you get your tc. If you made an incorrect bet, you lose your tc.
If they want to cancel the bets but do not know how to, they are obviously inexperienced with server commands and should not hosting a server. Bets always have risks, draws are one of them. And draws are fairly rare as well.
Hattersin wants that.