Ranking
Original Post
Automatic PM when a post has been deleted
Sometimes i come back in a thread and i don't see one of my posts; i don't know why (i don't remember every time its content), when and who deleted it. So i thought that it would be nice to receive a PM when one of your posts is deleted. Obviously it would be something automatic, because writing everytime a PM is annoying.
This could be activated/deactivated, depends if someone cares about this info, or if someone simply doesnt want to receive so many PMs. Also i thought about an option that allows you to regulate when to receive those PMs. For example you want to receive a PM every week to know if some of your posts have been deleted.
That's great option , this makes the member not getting confused and don't get angry
and i think you should say that the bot who is sending the pm must say the reason of deleting the post but anyways i support this
Yes hello remember to read the rules so i don't have to delete so many posts ;0
This would be very useful, though. Another good thing would be to make the deleted message visible to the poster, just as it is on my screen. Then they could see the reason of deletion too.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
Yes hello remember to read the rules so I don't have to delete so many posts
This would be very useful, though. Another good thing would be to make the deleted message visible to the poster, just as it is on my screen. Then they could see the reason of deletion too.

This

Also I think it would be useful for the pm to have the users name that deleted the post so, if needed, the case can be debated directlt with the admin who deleted the post
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
This

Also I think it would be useful for the pm to have the users name that deleted the post so, if needed, the case can be debated directlt with the admin who deleted the post

I don't think this part is needed, rules are enforced following a single guideline, PMing back should never be an option, if something wrong is happening I think that everyone who's able to help/solve/handle should be able to reach the information. By PMing one guy you are like giving him and only him the obligation to solve your issue, that's not how a team of moderators work and sometimes the guy who delete your post could be flooded with other stuff, then you get mad, complaint about them being lazy and there we go.

I think that the general reports/scam report/complaint about staff is useful and should be used more often.

But I 100% support this notification thing, really handy.
Last edited by IIInsanEEE; Mar 18, 2015 at 05:52 PM.
People shouldn't be breaking the rules in the first place. (I've done it before by useless posting). But I do like this idea. I've seen that my posts are deleted and I don't know why. Because I don't even remember which post it was. I'd like to see which admin it was and the reason for it. If it's for a real reason like Useless posting or Bashing on someone harshly, that would make complete sense and would try to not follow in that direction again.

This notification for deleted posts has my support.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
This definitely helps.
Atleast people wont come running here asking why their post was deleted.
h
Originally Posted by SmallBowl View Post
This

Probably knowing who deleted your post isn't the most essential thing, but yes, it could be a nice addition.

Yes hello remember to read the rules so i don't have to delete so many posts ;0

For the reason, i think that it could be faster for Moderators to have a choice between some options like

O - Spam
O - Useless post
X - Offensive/Racist post
O - Other reasons: .........

To select while deleting the post. In this way it would be fast and useful for both Mods and users.

Thanks for support guys.
Last edited by WeppetKo; Mar 18, 2015 at 06:48 PM.
Tbh it's more effort to remember those than it is to just write the reason.
For the sake of the suggestion, i will show what a deleted suggestion looks like in my feed.

"View post" shows the post as it was before deletion. Reason and moderator are both visible.
In other words, a system like this already exists, the only thing we need is to reveal them to the user responsible for the post.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Tbh it's more effort to remember those than it is to just write the reason.
For the sake of the suggestion, i will show what a deleted suggestion looks like in my feed.

"View post" shows the post as it was before deletion. Reason and moderator are both visible.
In other words, a system like this already exists, the only thing we need is to reveal them to the user responsible for the post.

I was just writing an idea that came to my mind.
If the notification of the deletion redirects you with a link to the deleted post with the reason written under it, would be even better: you could remember the circumstances and really understand why.