Toribash
Original Post
Birthday gifts
There should be an automatic system that sends people 10k or so on their birthday if not tc then a couple of items.

Sure you might think it'll be exploitable. But if there is a way to lock said items or tc to a specific account then it won't be transferable from alt accounts to main ones.

Also make it so that you can't change your birthdate after you set it when you register to the site.
____

Instead of TC or Items make it Shiai tokens
______

Better Idea by Solax

Originally Posted by Solax View Post
If this was ever done (we'd have to get a little system coded up for it first) I think a cool way to do it would be to have loyalty badges - which is a bit different from birthday gifts but still similar as an annual thing. I'm imagining them similar to the armbands that the gms wear but you'd get one each year that you are a member of the game. They'd be non transferable but they'd get more and more illustrious each year so that you have a neat way to indicate your seniority.
Whether you take to that or not really depends on what the underlying purpose of your suggestion is. If you want to effectively reward being around in the game for longer stretches of time then it's good. If you want that but are worried more about just obtaining economic assets then it probably doesn't appeal to you.

Last edited by Mahulk17-0; Jan 11, 2016 at 02:33 AM.
eVo
Honestly Solaxs idea is the best. I really didnt think much of this before posting it as it just popped up in my mind and I made a thread straight away. But yeah Solax that would be a great addition to the game!
eVo
I actually think this is a quite fun and cool idea because this game can get a bit dull in those areas the whole seniority, the only thing is the ranks unter names, but that is by posts. I think it can add to the community and all. Supported.

Another thing is that there should be ranking for how many years around like with posts.
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
If this was ever done (we'd have to get a little system coded up for it first) I think a cool way to do it would be to have loyalty badges - which is a bit different from birthday gifts but still similar as an annual thing. I'm imagining them similar to the armbands that the gms wear but you'd get one each year that you are a member of the game. They'd be non transferable but they'd get more and more illustrious each year so that you have a neat way to indicate your seniority.
Whether you take to that or not really depends on what the underlying purpose of your suggestion is. If you want to effectively reward being around in the game for longer stretches of time then it's good. If you want that but are worried more about just obtaining economic assets then it probably doesn't appeal to you.

Are you talking, wearable arm bands? Or something similar to Shiai Tokens? I know this is just brainstorming, but this has my interest in mind.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Yea some sort of 3d wearable thing. The gms get an armband with 'gm' on it - look one of them up ingame and you'll see hopefully.

But yea, while thinking very briefly the idea I had was just to do something like that but maybe with a number on it for the number of years. The higher the number the more decorated and prestigious the band could be etc. Forums have join date, ingame can have prestige bands or loyalty bands or whatever you'd want them to be called.
A nice idea,Increment if you birthday in this year and you've done the account in this year you cant get this year reward,but can the next,if you profit,you will need too many time playing tb,you deserve the profits
potatoes
Welp shiai tokens are better than giving off TC or items, but this would be cool though

SUPPORTED
Weirdest Tori in Toribash
<Diuwaybuns> Toribash is unprotected sex
Hmmm the hole idea of the arm band that solax presented honestly appeals to me a lot. Its a common practice with long standing games to give items out that represent the time a player has spent in the game. I Support the idea of adding arm bands similar to the GM ones to represent a players year's on the game.

Also I don't know how much trouble it would be, but it might also be fun to customize the bands a little farther and change a element about them depending on the Player's belt level with they got the badge. For example if you were a white-brown belt when you got your one year badge (I know that sounds silly) then your arm band would be primarily white with a 01 on it for the year. If you were a 2nd Dan black belt then maybe you would have a quicksilver primary color with 01 on it. Lastly if you were something fancy like a Custom belt then your arm band would be a rainbow Pattern with a 01 on it.

Also a quick question, if arm bands are awarded each year for your dedication, then would the arm bands stack over time or each year when we got a new one would our old one be deleted? As a hoarder of items I for one favor them stacking up over time as keep sakes.
Last edited by Kohta; Jan 11, 2016 at 11:52 AM.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Yea I support Solax just taking over this idea as his own instead of leaving it to this thread. Please get this emplamented in the game, this community needs all the boost it can get when it comes to keeping players around and this will surely help to some extent. Though make sure you put the arm band on the opposite arm of the GM band so that staff members will be able to wear both if they wish too. Would suck to have to choose between them.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
Just thought I'd bring this thread up again,

Here is the idea that Solax put out, I really want to see this implemented into the game. It would be really cool if you guys could voice your opinions.

eVo
I imagine this would be an armband that updates retroactively (whatever word combination "updates based on time already passed would equal, if this is the incorrect wording), correct? I would not at all be against a little seniority pride, and it gives a little more motivation to stick around, because you get a cool little item to "brag" about.
I think I might be retired.