Ranking
Original Post
Guide Based Texture Templates (Adobe Illustrator,Photoshop)
Well, most of us use or used guides while making Toribash textures,
they are easy and way more precise than pixels.
More than above had issues in placing textures right on the square.

What i wanted to suggest is to make it avaible to download on the webste guide based templates just to make everything easier and save us some time sometimes.

what i mean:
http://puu.sh/n76cA/2051de2e4f.png

the issue with pixels:
http://puu.sh/n76hl/16a11d1080.png

as you can see compared to 1 pixel im able to set as much guides as i like
that makes it possible to make way more precise and faster placements.
also its easier to place objects since adobe illustrator is smart and helps you out in placing stuff on guides
This would make it a little easier for newer artists
Last edited by Nikos; Feb 14, 2016 at 03:56 AM.
I don't really see a sense of putting 7832 guidelines at one pixel.
The only thing we should have done with the templates - remaking them, because some of them are mapped wrongly, and that's a bit confusing. By mapped wrongly i mean that when you upload a template for the right hand, actually at the right hand, the sides of the cube that are colored into different colors, also cover other sides of the cube.
So, instead of just having blue top of the cube, i have a blue top with a green line, yellow frontside with a blue line, red bottom with a yellow line and the green backside with a blue line. And a black outline at the white left side of cube.
(soooo hard and confusing; i am sure nobody understood what i say)

I can not support the idea because i'm too stupid to understand why do you actually want to put a lot of guidelines on the pixel.
That was not the sense of my suggestion, its way easier to place textures with precise premade guides.
Also I know what you mean about the hand texture, I've spent past 2 days on mine and after billion edits there is still few misplaced stuff on the out and in side.
Do you mean like when the seems won't line up even by moving by one pixel?
|Evil|
I don't exist
Here i made an example of what i meant, it works just great spares alot of trouble in texture making.

Example