ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[REL] BallBending Ver 2 (Multiplayer)
Version 1 (also by me) can be found here

Hello guys, girls, and everything in between and beyond either.

Ever wished you could control a huge instaglibbing ball by waving your hands?

Well guess what?

Now you can.

Alright fine I copied that part from the version one page, sue me.

The first version, (and hence this one) was based on the "Avatar: The Legend of Aang", and when Korra came out, I was
suddenly reminded of this relic I left behind in the forums a year ago, and decided to finish what I started.

The noob me back then had no idea how to mod and stuck the whole thing together with duct tape, but since then
I've learned a few tricks and made improvements to the system.

So many improvements that I'd no longer call it an update, but a new version, hence, the new thread.

YOU NEED TO GRIP BOTH HANDS AT START

List of improvements:

-MULTIPLAYER XD 'nuff said

-Change of control system.

The previous control system caused the ball to move almost randomly at times. While this was fine in SP, with an
infinite number of retries, but that definately won't work here.

The new system is easier to control, with less obects required, hence allowing multiplayer. Still it is not perfect.
Increasing the object limit by 2 or 4 would help alot (If you're reading this Hampa.. *hinthint*)

-Improved Balance system

The old version had heavy feet to allow the Tori to stand better, but once again, this won't work well here.
Instead, an upwards thrust is applied to the groin and a downward thrust is aplied to each buttcheek to help keep them upright (no laughing guys XD)

-Initial Thrust

A light forward and upwards push is applied at the start to help the players move towards each other.

- Non-glib & Glib

Made a glib version and a non-glib version, since hitting yourself is definately possible. The Glib version has antiglib hands and feet.

- Ball Size reduced (slightly)

- Altered Body

The Tori's arms are bent at the elbow so that they face forwards at the start. The wrists now bend up and down (like in the katana mod)

Known Issues:

The groin area seems extremely easy to dismember even in the non-glib version, probably due to the thrusts exerted on it....
Well... getting hit in the groin by a ball is supposed to hurt anyway (lol)

A dismember(ing?) in the groin area causes body to continually fly upwards due to the upwards thrust,
and the leg(s) will be pushed towards the ground.

I have uploaded the mods into the mods section so they should be multiplayable soon.

Youtube videos have been uploaded. Please note that these videos were made at different stages
of the modding process, and hence differ greatly

(alpha)

(testing)

(final product)
Attached Files
ball_bending_ver2_mp.tbm (5.9 KB, 40 views)
ball_bending_ver2_glib_mp.tbm (6.0 KB, 41 views)
Last edited by PanzerSoul; Jun 19, 2012 at 11:48 AM.
press 3 or 4 on your keyboard

Looks like this won't catch on anytime soon :/

Niche is too small and learning curve is too steep.
Last edited by PanzerSoul; Jun 20, 2012 at 11:28 AM.
I think you meant "Gib" when you said "Glib." Like, instagib means dismember on contact.

Just something that pestered me.

I'll check this mod out in a few minutes.
-----
It's actually more interesting than I expected. Kudos, it's a cool concept.
Last edited by Alaistier; Jul 26, 2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump