Ranking
Original Post
Need Tutor/Teacher
Hey there , i'm trying to learn Lua scripting , and i was hoping that someone could maybe help me out a little , i hate all those internet tutorials and junk because you don't know which one is the most recent and all that , so if anyone can help please post here or pm me , Thanks .
The Support board is for Toribash support. Try to remember that in future.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."
You will be stretched to find someone who i) does LUA scripting and ii) can be bothered to teach you.

I'm no great advisor, but I say just practice yourself. Copy other peoples scripts and change little bits for practice.
Echomarine 4 the win
That'd be a good offer, if not for the fact that I already have personal texture slaves of various sorts.

As for Lua, it's not that hard.

It's easier than learning C++ and using that to add things to TB, tyvm.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
You don't have to know the most recent stuff, because the Toribash engine doesn't support it anyway. Just read the materials that are linked to in this forum, and check the source code of existing scripts that do similar things to what you want.

If you have specific questions, post those here, and Blam or myself or somebody will try to help you out. But chances are nobody's going to want to write up like lesson plans for you. You'll have to do most of the work yourself.
Radioactive torso's description should be, "You have cancer like wow."
Originally Posted by dengue View Post
here
here
and here

These links that the guy above me posted are the most useful links for you :P

If you need any specific help just pm me
:D