ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
AikidoBigDojo Tutorial
!
Last edited by Swaves; Dec 10, 2018 at 10:30 AM.
Nice tut though decap moves aren't always a definite win.
"An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men." ~Charles Darwin
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
Claps - Hated by noobs, but the main move pro's use.

Seriously? Get your facts straight.

This isn't even a good tutorial. You're just pointing out the meanings of a few terms used in Aikido and you're encouraging to do the more "cheap" moves. Aikido is not all about Lifts and kicks.
Last edited by eazi; May 9, 2013 at 11:43 PM.
(╯°□°)╯︵ pɐǝɹɥʇ ʎɐldǝɹ
I am stating all the moves you "Could" do. And most people call it a Noob clap, but its really a pro clap. And Decaps moves are not definite win all the time, but mostly when you get a decap with the decap move It is pretty much certain that you will win.
There is nothing "pro" about the clap. It's a cheap move and it leads to inside grabs and fracs, which is why it is very effective. It makes the match much less enjoying.
And no, it's not "Hated by noobs". Most top players prefer to avoid clapping(especially the contract pecs and wrists clap) so they wont automatically get a rather unfair advantage.
(╯°□°)╯︵ pɐǝɹɥʇ ʎɐldǝɹ
I have seen they likes of Kristis133, Ticux, Qubic, Fear and ect. all use claps and variants of claps, eg. clap and rotate chest. And what move do you use mate? I want to know how know it alls like you play
Originally Posted by Swaves View Post
Lift- Hated. People hate because its hard to counter and and a noob move

It's hard to counter because it's hard to set up. I've never seen a "noob" use a lift ever. To properly lift you have to have your feet in the correct orientation and you have to stay low. It's dangerous because you're very vulnerable until you get the lift.

I feel like most of this is just your opinion. Most "pros" I've seen use lifts from time to time, I use them on a situational basis, meaning that if I see the opportunity and I know I'll be able to get it off safely I'll do it.
----
And because all of this seems to be subjective.. I'm going to share my opinion:
-The only moves I have problems with are one's that are predetermined. Meaning that they do the same thing every time because they know t will work.
E.G.
-Kick/Lifts
-Shovels

Any move that is predetermined and isn't influenced on the course of the match is a "noob" move. A shovel can only happen one way, and I hate when I'm accused of shoveling because I pushed someone outside the dojo. If it's not a set move, you're alright in my book.

No one should try to limit what people can or can't do in a match because a lot of the times it's justifiable. People get mad because they set themselves up for failure and blame it on a "leg grab" or "lift". Maybe you shouldn't kick lift if you're always getting your leg grabbed. I'd say about 70% of the people I fight kick lift, so I always leave an arm down to grab it.
Last edited by JayStar; May 10, 2013 at 02:05 AM.
Well every-time I see someone lift in ABD the other player complains, and then usually rage quits or goes on a lecture about how its no good.
You really shouldn't make a tutorial based on personal opinion.
Last edited by Nomad; May 10, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Preposterously dank.