ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Sets with password.
Hi guys,this idea can be rlly useful.
I have seen what a lot of ppl its stealing texture sets from other player.
A set with password can be an amazing idea,so can be useful for keep items in secret.For this you just will need to edit the set and you will have the option to add a password.Good idea?
uvuvwevwevwe onyetenyevwe ugwemubwem ossas~
Yes, let's add passwords to sets so we can now sell sets that can't be opened and get free money!!

I think I'd prefer the rare case that people steal a texture than people throwing passworded sets on the market and making money off of what could essentially be thin air. Not to mention that if you password a set for sale, no one can see what's inside other than you.
Last edited by Grohenbird; Aug 11, 2016 at 03:44 PM.
I think I might be retired.
Is this to prevent stolen textures? It would be utterly redundant thanks for the custom folder in tb.

Also, @grohenbird, the sets would be able to be opened by the one who owns them regardless because that makes more sense.

A password wouldn't even be needed for this, but a button that hides certain items from the public.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I was just stating that unless passwords became void on the market, you could technically sell a set full of chronos grips, list it as something else, and since no one can tell any difference they scam a random person. I'm sure this won't be implemented for the reason you've already stated (DE custom folders), but the opportunities to cause complications here are very high.
I think I might be retired.
Well.i think this:When you sell the set or trade it the password gets auto-removed.U think what this can be good?
uvuvwevwevwe onyetenyevwe ugwemubwem ossas~
How, exactly, do you propose we make this enforceable? The textures you use are just image files that need to be available for people to see your textures at all. You necessarily cannot simultaneously have "the ability to see a person's textures in game" and "the inability to copy a person's texture files". The former means the texture has been read and stored in memory, while the latter precisely means that the former is impossible.

If you're not using the textures in game, and you're concerned about people stealing them, then just don't upload them in the first place.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!