Ranking
Original Post
Dear Staff,
Dear Staff,

I have a password I like to use, I use it for many things. Rather, I have 2 passwords I use for everything and I log in and out of them every single day. I implore you to remove the "Hey your password has been the same for XX days" Why yes, thank you for that astute observation automated system, but just because it's been the same for a while doesn't mean it's compromised nor should I have to change it. Please remove this system. I know it's a petty complaint but I shouldn't have to remember a new password because the shitty system wants me to change to something new.

peace peace
It took me 3 years to learn that non V.I.Ps could have signature 2:18 9/24/2015
is it that much of an inconvenience to you to remember 3 passwords in total?

well my suggestion to you is just put it 1 number off, or capitalize a letter that way you wont have to remember a whole new one but rather just 1 difference.

I myself think its good that the passwords all are forced to be changed ever 90 days or whatever, it keeps all the accounts safer. Also its just good in general to change passwords ever once and a while. A word of advice dont have the same password for everything because if it is compromised so is everything else.
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
it is kind of fucking dumb how you HAVE TO CHANGE YOUR PASSWORD, and you can't change it back to your original password for 365 days i may just not understand this whole password thing
Last edited by Lightweight; May 26, 2016 at 07:42 PM.
Originally Posted by KDigityDog View Post
I myself think its good that the passwords all are forced to be changed ever 90 days or whatever, it keeps all the accounts safer. Also its just good in general to change passwords ever once and a while. A word of advice dont have the same password for everything because if it is compromised so is everything else.

^ This guy gets it.

It's purely for account security reasons, mostly because we got sick of having to constantly rescue accounts due to dumb passwords.
Fun fact - the majority of rescued accounts got told to change their password, but changed the damned things back to the one that got the account stolen in the first place. Yay common sense. ¬_¬

Think yourselves lucky you don't have to change passwords as often as staff do.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
protip: change your password into what it already was
I used to be annoyed by this too, but apparently there's nothing stopping just reusing the old pass
PM me with any and all questions
What hattersin said

I just change it to the same password nothing wrong with that
It's just a price to pay for your account safety, I would rather change my password periodically instead of the alternative of having to go through the process of getting my account back because some ITT Tech wanna-be hacked me.
I've tried that but it told me "This password has been used in the past 92 days" or something along those lines.

It's not the remembering another password it's a pointless inconvenience. And to address the account security, it's toribash. I don't give a shit.
It took me 3 years to learn that non V.I.Ps could have signature 2:18 9/24/2015
Just use a password manager?

You might not give a shit, but unless there is literally nothing using that password that you care about, you probably should still give each site its own unique password. Using a password manager makes that easy enough.
Squad Squad Squad lead?
The standardization of Toribash Squad roles may have gone too far!
Originally Posted by Spartin99 View Post
I don't give a shit.

Then we're done here.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm a ToriAgent, got any questions? Send me a private message here.