ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Ultimate Blood Option
Hello anyone who felt like checking out suggestions! Hoping here that you won't find my following idea too disturbing .

I was just thinking, while watching a video of Swexx ripping uke asunder, wouldn't this be great with over the top blood effects with much more blood than any living being could actually have?

Then I thought hey why not suggest that!

So yeah basically I'd just like to see an option for unrealistic amounts of blood being splattered around the place upon dismembering body parts, of course I don't want it to replace the current blood but I want it to be an option as it would suite certain replays and could make them look just that bit more awesome heh.
Maybe there could even be a choice of options from 1-10 deciding how ridiculous you'd like it (higher being more lower being less.)

Mostly just thinking about this for singleplayer replays where you might want to add a bit more of an impact to a replay or something along those lines.

Any comments on this? (improvements to idea, flaws, etc...)

Thanks for reading.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Blood threshold <-- best description for it.

Hmmm, how to word the way I'd handle it.
Make it use the scale depending on what's happening.
If it's based on the number of frames for the scaling then you could simply multiply to get different amounts of silly.

So we make a scale of 0-10 (0 = disables blood, yay for everyone who's asked for that)
So for the sake of this the scale = X

Weak impact: none

Heavy impact: INT(X*0.5) frames of bleeding.
It'll round up to an integer so you'd bleed for 1-5 frames depending on the setting.

Fracture: X*2 frames of bleeding.
More blood, but still not too silly. 20 frames at the highest.

Dismemberment: X*20 frames of bleeding before it stops.
Top setting that'll give 200 frames of spraying, lowest it'd gush out a bit then stop.

You could also scale the blood particle sizes with the scale, where a low number would produce small mist looking ones (think along the lines of the blood on Equilibrium), and a high one would have the current stupid drip looking ones.

Also since multiplying anything by 0 = 0 setting the scale to 0 would disable blood.

OFC the numbers would need tweaking if it was done that way, but it shows that it's not only a simple to do & feasible suggestion, it could also have the added effect of giving the no blood option lots of people ask for.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Yeah I was thinking along the lines of harder hits = more blood etc but I don't know anything about how the mechanics would've worked so didn't bother mentioning it.

Thanks for the reply on this .
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
SkulFuk, hurry up and support already! I like this idea Will make my weak punches look like all hell broke loose within my hands.

-Supported (duh)
Last edited by Kradel; Mar 12, 2014 at 09:38 PM.
Originally Posted by Snook View Post
Yeah I was thinking along the lines of harder hits = more blood etc but I don't know anything about how the mechanics would've worked so didn't bother mentioning it.

Thanks for the reply on this .

The trick is trying to match it to the way TB already does stuff without adding any extra overhead.

You could change frac & impact to xx number of particles released in a single frame and use the scale and impact strength as a multiplier for that. There's quiet a few ways it could be done without it needing to be complex.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
And for blood not to continually flow for eternity out of an unrealistic invisible source. Anyways, nice idea!

~supported
Hey! Great idea snook. c: First thing that came into mind mind is like, God of war. ;o
Maybe then the abs dm, it could add intestines or something. xD

~supported.
Yes please, in the great words or NerdCubed in his review of this game, "Who doesn't love gore and blood and stuff, this is a gory game because gore is funny, unless you cut your finger, ohhhhhhhhhh that stings. No no no, this is a perfectly un-stingy game."

Yes please
Moar blud
My signature was too long so I got this pretty rainbow here instead now. Isn't it nice? This is a nice rainbow.

Risk did this to me and I hate him forever, please join the official "Fuck Risk in the Ass With a Live Bat" social group to join me in hating Risk:
Click here to join my cult to fuck Risk in the ass with a live bat