Toribash
Original Post
Auto bump feature for threads
I'd like a option to have threads be auto bumped (every 24 hours) this would make threads less work to up keep there are alot of ways you could go about adding this feature but I think it would be useful and maybe you could pay tc for each bump or something so it wouldn't be over used or just left on forever
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
That isn't necessarily a bad thing because the threads that did matter would have more posts on them letting them be at the top more and everyone isn't going to use it only people who are willing to pay for it and maybe you could even pay more to have wait time on bumping a thread go down ( just spitballing ideas here)
I don't think it's pointless, it is pointless. You pay for bumps on your product that no one wants (because let's be honest if no one posted within an hour of you placing the thread, it isn't worth a bump), and then you lose money or have people trying to charge everyone for the bumps they put in.

Either way, just do it yourself. It's like 5 seconds. This is unneeded programming.
I think I might be retired.
Paying for bumps would be like advertising it lets people see your threads are bringing more people to your thread you think its pointless but its not and let's say they shorten the time on bumps unless you pay to have your thread the pump more often its not a waste of TC it would actually get you more people posting on your thread in a sense it would be paying for itself and at the same time sinking TC which also helps that toribash economy you can't be online at the same exact time everyday that's not something that somebody can do unless you got like 0 responsibility or something but that's not the majority of people a lot of times I have to bump my threads in the morning when nobody's on because its not like I can pull my phone out in the middle of class to go in bump my thread it's just not practical so tell me how is that going to take two seconds I don't have the ability to go online am I supposed to just do it with my mind because that's your logic right now it's so easy and only takes 2 seconds if you don't have access to a computer or a stable Wi-Fi network that hasn't blocked off websites like toribash then how are you going to bump your thread
Maybe you could put your real life agenda in front of profiting in a video game.
I think I might be retired.
First thing that doesn't even make sense because I've already said that because of responsibilities that I have I'm not able to market in the video game and that's bad business model the game should be keeping me in by making everything very easy and simple that's how you get people to spend money and play hundreds of thousands of hours of your video game so thank you for proving my point also not that it affects me at all but you shouldn't be telling people how to live their life especially not on the game forum [especially (especially)] not under the suggestions thread on a game forum Thanks
Last edited by Pimp; Oct 8, 2015 at 10:52 PM.
when i read your original post, all i could think of is "this is just a market bot for threads" and what did we do with market bots? made em illegal, wouldn't it be contradictory to make something allowed in one section but not in the other when in reality the bot is functioning in really similar ways? (Market bot would refresh item with lower price so your item was always first, thread bot will bump thread so it's always first...)
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert
well yes but market bots were different the market is for people who are in a hurry basically and don't want to wait to make a thread and have people offer from the item they want the market thread they are very different you can't rly compare apples and oranges you can but its stupid to because they are so different even thought they are both fruits and this isn't a bot that user had control and made of it's one that the game is giving to us it has limitations like only being able to bump each hour markets bots were not given to us they were basically a exploit so you can say that in the end they will end up the same way (you could i guess) but it would ignorant of you
Honestly people stating that you didn't say anything about stopping bumping are stupid and don't know how suggestions on the board should work.

Originally Posted by Neko View Post
If everyone used this no one's threads would be bumped.

Is pretty valid. Maybe instead of bumping every 24 hours it bumps every other day or maybe even a tiny bit longer, because the boards I see this being very useful for is boards like the market, replays, and art. Somebody not posting saying they want your items or no one commenting on your thread critiquing your work? Auto bump. Would make it a lot easier for people who don't want to spend their time going to a thread every day but still want help making tc/getting better at something
not because they're lazy
but because its fucking tedious

I would assume there would be some way of doing it with a bot, because this would be an easy way to farm posts. Or something like this?

??????????????

Could say how many times its been bumped on the specific post there.
There could also be cooldown before bumping it too many times, or if the thread doesn't need to be updated or its being wrongly bumped someone could easily report the thread to have an admin turn it off.

Just a few ideas.
Originally Posted by uhm View Post
not because they're lazy
but because its fucking tedious

thank you for understanding this like i said it the games job to make everything easy for you which is why not many ppl who get the game use the forums because that takes effort.

also if a bot was bumping your thread you wouldn't get any posts from it would you and each thread isn't being bumped at the same exact time and (YOU WOULD PAY FOR IT NOT EVERYONE IS GOING TO BE ABLE TO PAY FOR IT) making neko's post kind of invalid
A lot of things you're saying are based on your opinions (i.e. "the threads that did matter would have more posts on them") rather than the mechanics and benefits of the idea.

What I don't understand is, how is this tedious? If you're subscribing to a thread you want to pay special attention to, why is the thought of having to visit it and make a post so repulsive? Wouldn't setting your thread to auto-bump be tedious as well? With that logic, maybe you also like the idea of everyone's items on the market auto-bumping every 24 hours. It doesn't make sense for things like this to be automatic, think about if these small benefits to a small number of people are worth it.

EDIT: to your defense of "well, people are gonna be charged to use this auto-bump feature, it'll be a nice TC sink"; there are many ways of sinking TC that aren't being put to use, there's no need for that at the moment.
Last edited by firebolty; Oct 11, 2015 at 02:11 AM.
BAD LUCK