Ranking
Original Post
Auto bump feature for threads
I'd like a option to have threads be auto bumped (every 24 hours) this would make threads less work to up keep there are alot of ways you could go about adding this feature but I think it would be useful and maybe you could pay tc for each bump or something so it wouldn't be over used or just left on forever
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by firebolty View Post
A lot of things you're saying are based on your opinions (i.e. "the threads that did matter would have more posts on them") rather than the mechanics and benefits of the idea.

What I don't understand is, how is this tedious? If you're subscribing to a thread you want to pay special attention to, why is the thought of having to visit it and make a post so repulsive? Wouldn't setting your thread to auto-bump be tedious as well? With that logic, maybe you also like the idea of everyone's items on the market auto-bumping every 24 hours. It doesn't make sense for things like this to be automatic, think about if these small benefits to a small number of people are worth it.

EDIT: to your defense of "well, people are gonna be charged to use this auto-bump feature, it'll be a nice TC sink"; there are many ways of sinking TC that aren't being put to use, there's no need for that at the moment.

I don't think that having to pay to use this should be considered. There's a reason for it. After going to your own thread to make a post asking for comments or just to update it is a little annoying to me because I'm curious for how many actual posts I have made that were just "hey guys u didn't comment on my replay can you say something about it?"

I support this because I only want it on boards/threads that ask for criticism, since threads are basically unique and aren't something like an item(you could just keep listing the item) on the market they should have something to auto bump even if it has a limit as to like 3-4 bumps before you cant use it again. Maybe even 2.
If having this would be useless since everyone would have it, instead of it being behind a tc charge why don't you have it be a tool for Prime/VIP members?

The art and replay boards are people asking for help on how to get better, more often than not there's always a few bumps because of the thread having no activity. Having this on the art board shouldn't be a problem because there isn't a million threads created or bumped each day. I don't really see a reason to not have this, it would just make things a little easier
yeah im lazy so what
If nobody comments on your stuff on the internet then it's probably not worth being commented. Having it auto-bumped each 24h would only get others annoyed.

As for market, if you're too lazy to bump your own thread then it's your fault. It's you trying to sell/buy stuff after all, which means that you can invest several seconds of your time into making a one-word post.
im kind of tired of seeing that argument on this thread dose anyone have any reasons why this shouldn't be implemented like how this could be abused or something not just the argument you're lazy if you cant bump your own thread?
I'm pretty sure both of sir's reasons are completely valid, as well as firebolty's.

If you want an argument for how it can be abused, think for like 5 seconds.

Person A values an item at 50k, but has plenty of money.

Person B has the same item valued at 10k, but no money to bump his thread.

Person A bumps his thread for his far overpriced item and it's bought, and he can then sell more items in the same fashion.

Person B makes no profit, even though his prices are fair.

See the issue?
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Pimp
im kind of tired of seeing that argument on this thread dose anyone have any reasons why this shouldn't be implemented like how this could be abused or something not just the argument you're lazy if you cant bump your own thread?

That argument alone explains why it shouldn't be implemented. Explanations of why and how some suggested feature may be abused are needed if that's generally a good idea that needs thinking of, this idea is basically useless and thus doesn't really require that. There's not much to abuse (apart from making ridiculous sale threads of orc items and setting them to auto-bump just because you have some TC) in boards that allow bumps, it's more about such a feature being equal to a) allowing forum market bots b) allowing people to be annoying without even trying to. Yes you say that it'll cost TC - but it will also have to cost extremely cheap because otherwise nobody will use it (why the hell would you want to pay instead of posting one word on your own anyway?).

I hope this explains why your suggestion is bad and why this is unlikely to happen as a forum feature.
The argument dosent explain anything I already answered most of your arguments in your posts in my lasts posts market bots, and shit like that it's just a useful feature that couldn't hurt to be implement and if someone makes athread about selling ork forces for a bad price it sinks tc which would help the economy and its a unfair but fair advantage if you can pay to auto bump your thread and your prices are higher than another person and you still make tc that OK that's capitalism which is why we have a market thread and don't have the market tab only
As I said before the market in tb compared to other websights which do the same this is shit it rly is I'm just suggesting at least make some advancements to it to make it easier on people you can't keep typing you can't take 2 seconds to bump a thread but the goal of the ideas thread isn't to just shit on people's suggestions is it? It's to try and advanced them
I don't know why you're getting offended, I'll give you an example but it's a bit extreme.

Say someone were to post a suggestion to shut down the game, pull it from steam and all accounts should be banned. That's his suggestion. Now instead of telling him it's a god awful suggestion with no merit you propose we should try to reason with this idea and try to help him advance it?

Now in your case, this will never work because it only takes 2 seconds of your time to post a bump. No one in their right mind would ever pay for this feature. In a thread with 25 posts and no one agreeing with your suggestion I think it's clear to see that no one in this thread would pay for it.

Now another thing, we are criticising your suggestion, not you. You get offended when we don't like your idea and you're wasting everyone time.

Could you please link to these other websites that do the same thing, I can't seem to find any.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[4:37 PM] ponf: y'all might think i'm not wild enough to send dick pics over toribash
[4:37 PM] ponf: you'd be wrong
uwu i wuv you uwu
I'm not getting offended at all sorry if my connotation made it seem that way to you and I have one person who agreed with me so thanks for reading the whole thread b4 posting

And most of the post's are pretty shit with bad arguments that have nothing to do with weather they would pay for it or not so idk if I'd actually count them up as if the support
Seems you like jumping to conclusions (back up them opinions a bit with actual evidence)
I also said before in my last posts csgo lounge and tf2 outpost use this method but its paying real money for bumps thanks for reading the whole thread again
Last edited by Pimp; Oct 12, 2015 at 04:46 PM.
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
And most of the post's are pretty shit with bad arguments that have nothing to do with weather they would pay for it or not so idk if I'd actually count them up as if the support

It's a given that the people who don't agree with your suggestion wouldn't use your suggestion. Just to make it clear, though, I wouldn't pay to use this feature.

It's also childish to call the other posts "pretty shit with bad arguments" just because they don't align with your opinions. I'm all about taking a suggestion I don't like and suggesting alternatives to it, but this is a pretty straightforward idea, therefore, the responses you get for it are straightforward as well. The points people made against your suggestion are valid, unless proven otherwise.
BAD LUCK
Thanks for putting your two cents in here it was clearly asked for you can have your own opinion just as I can have mine I'm not against you because of your opinion but your post is shit it has nothing to do with me vs your post has nothing to do with the idea if you have a problem with how I post its better sent through pm if its off topic the only on topic thing was "I wouldn't pay for this" (you can ignore this part above it's shit like your post)
So you wouldn't even pay one TC for it not that I'm saying it should be one tc just asking for a good price point
Last edited by Pimp; Oct 12, 2015 at 06:14 PM.