Toribash
Original Post
Ground Decapitation
Hello everyone who's reading this. I want to talk about a serious bet server problem that needs to be solved, because I'm a bet servers host myself. And now imagine this:

You're hosting a successful bet server with +15-20k DP. Bets are good, server is full. Players are fighting and suddenly one player slams another and he hits his head hard to the ground. Result: the player who slammed that other player got the DP, because his opponents head decapped. People in the room start writting to the chat: WTF?? THIS SUX!! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?

So yea I think this is unfair, and i will prove it.
When you touch the ground with any part of your body (except foots and hands (wrists and ankles don't count too)) you get disqualified. After that the match ends. The head just doesn't decap itself in the air. If the head touches the ground first, DP shouldn't be taken, because match ended.

You should take the DP by punching, ripping or kicking players head off, not slamming it to the ground. I hope you can fix this problem and the server ghosting.

So now that i told you my main thing i want to say a word about suggestions and ideas. It would be cool if you could change your 3D item colour, for example: red headphones, green shutter shades and other things, exept portable cas, barbered wire and stuff like that (because it would look stupid).

The other idea is TBRadio. If you want to listen to TBRadio you need to go to mixrl. But what if you could go to your Toribash menu (the game menu) and click "TBRadio ON" and you could listen to your dj's and songs while you're playing? No going to mixrl or finding it on the internet, just one click and you're listening while playing.
Last edited by D3ive; May 6, 2015 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Made some mistakes so fixed them. Added ideas too.
F I L T H Y.
[Origin] Remember where you came from.
Originally Posted by Sissykick View Post
"Toribash is a 'Martial Arts Simulator'.... Why wouldn't the head break off?"

I have never seen a man's head snapped off in any sort of martial arts, but maybe thats just me

"Simulator". It isn't going to be exact. But when EVERY other body part breaks off, why wouldn't the head?

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
People get upset in general when the decap prize is taken because they didnt get it
no matter what way it happens
so excluding one way of decapitating wont solve anything
I still take texture requests for usd
Adding a feature that simply disables the phenomena above doesnt hurt, does it? For example of one way to have it work, a short line of code that disables Decapitation by the means of the ground unless the opponent has made any damage to you in the last 2x current turnframes. Also, binding it so that only the decapprize can be claimed through direct damage and not body/ground force interaction is another way to get rid of the above claimed "problem".
Now doing recoloring for people not in the clan as-well, PM for more info!
PROUD OWNER OF THORN'S GOOD ENOUGH WRITER AWARD!