Ranking
Original Post
/afk Command
A command that allows you to set yourself to afk instead of merely a spectator so you're excluded from being /fenter'd either by OP or an auto-tourney.
this is extremely unnecessary
i really don't see why this would be needed
pacquiao
It's obviously not extremely unnecessary, haven't you read what the usage possibilities are?
Originally Posted by Bercat View Post
Wouldn't it make more sense just to leave the server instead of taking up space (if in a tournament server). If you're gonna be afk, then at least be fully committed to it and just leave the server. It seems like it had a good reasoning, but I feel like it would be a waste of time to code.

there is nothing to say that hasn't been said about this suggestion
it just seems too trivial to really matter, especially since you could leave the game and have pretty much the same effect. if you are afk, why does it matter if you are in the lobby?
pacquiao
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
this is extremely unnecessary
i really don't see why this would be needed

Originally Posted by Demon View Post
there is nothing to say that hasn't been said about this suggestion
it just seems too trivial to really matter, especially since you could leave the game and have pretty much the same effect. if you are afk, why does it matter if you are in the lobby?

If you are simply going to quote what other people have said, why are you even posting? I'm being hypocritical but everything you just said is extremely unnecessary
Last edited by Jaxon; Aug 15, 2015 at 11:44 PM.
lmao
am i not allowed to use a quote, replying with why i find this unnecessary?
pacquiao
What would happen if someone tries to go afk while he is fighting? There isn't a penality for that at the moment. Then this command should work only if you are in the queue, but then i still don't find it useful. I don't know if it was simply a randomness, but when i lose a match in a tourney and i type /spec even if i'm already a spectator, it doesn't fenter me again when tourney ends. Should be confirmed though, i could be wrong.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
What would happen if someone tries to go afk while he is fighting? There isn't a penality for that at the moment. Then this command should work only if you are in the queue, but then i still don't find it useful. I don't know if it was simply a randomness, but when i lose a match in a tourney and i type /spec even if i'm already a spectator, it doesn't fenter me again when tourney ends. Should be confirmed though, i could be wrong.

He will get an ELO penalty. Simple. And there is no penalty right now because the command doesn't exist.
Originally Posted by Boxshu View Post
He will get an ELO penalty. Simple. And there is no penalty right now because the command doesn't exist.

Thank you for the obvious. I just wanted to point out something that hasn't been written in the other posts.

Also, with the ELO penality it would become just like /spec.

The only situation i see this to be useful is when you are in an autotourney room, you've lost and suddently you have to do something else that doesn't even allow you to type spec. And, ok, you really can't type /spec, then you won't receive any penality even if the game starts without you.

Indeed, useless.
Originally Posted by WeppetKo View Post
The only situation i see this to be useful is when you are in an autotourney room

If you haven't noticed, there are a lot more autotourneys nowadays what with the new rank competitions.